[Archived - VanGoGo] When doing peer review, can an item be failed for using brand names or logos...like the Nike swoosh for example?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “VanGoGo” on March 11, 2022.

[Archived]

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on April 02, 2022.

[Archived]

LOL I skip items like that too lol or GA items that feel too creepy to imagine a 13 year old using/seeing but I know still technically pass because it covers the red mcg zones.

I know I can't fail this content, but I'll at least not be part of them passing through.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 20, 2022.

[Archived]

I agree with most of these posts :) I think skipping them is a good way to get the message across to the Creator. If their product takes ~10 days to go through Peer Review, maybe they will get the message. LOL

The only way to "Report" items that are in violation is to contact the company that has a possible infringement. Link a long list of items that relate. Leave the decision to them.

We should remember this post here by Staff, https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D51L00006YXHegSAH/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Laele75” on March 13, 2022.

[Archived]

Since we aren't allowed to report copyright infringing items even though they violate TOS, the only thing an ethical reviewer can do is skip them.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “gemini61984” on March 12, 2022.

[Archived]

@gaf210​ that's what I did. skip aboy 20 items in two hours of pr.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on March 12, 2022.

[Archived]

IMVU have not relaxed copyright rules at all. It is still very much against the TOS (and law) to use brand names or logos that you don't have the rights to. The reason you can't report them in PR is that the copyright holder themself needs to take action by filing a DMCA notice.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “gaf210” on March 12, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @VanGoGo​ ! Peer review doesn't have a "Copyright Infringement" item which you can fail the review of this product, but it can't be either considered that it meets the vgp, so the only reasonable way to proceed would be to skip the product and continue with the next one.

0 Votes