Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “RigsK” on November 25, 2021.

[Archived]

Our IMVU Studio Toolkit is a new toolset which is installed in your 3D editing application which provides a streamlined workflow to creating mesh products for import in to IMVU Studio.

IMVU Studio Toolkit is currently only available for Blender 2.9 LTS. We are in development on a version of IMVU Studio Toolkit for 3ds Max. Learn more and download the toolkit HERE.

If you have questions about using the toolkit, please comment below.

0 Votes

18 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “jazzKat” on February 08, 2022.

[Archived]

@CountTrebor​ if you're appending a project made previously (File > Append) you might need to significantly downscale the mesh as the ToolKit is fully compensating for scaling differences between Blender and the original source files (the fact the mesh is listed in the outliner means the object is there but likely so big it's outside the clip distances for it to be seen).

For future reference you don't need to do anything to the default scene, just make sure it doesn't include any previously edited work to ensure the toolkit content loads correctly. For exporting, what @Drosselmeyer​ said ^ ^ above ^ ^

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on February 08, 2022.

[Archived]

@CountTrebor​ What type of product are you making? Avatar Attachment (accessory) or Clothing? Make sure that any mesh you wish to export is in the 'EXPORT' collection. The EXPORT collections are named based on the product type you are making, for example: "ATTACHMENT.EXPORT" for Avatar Attachments (accessories).

0 Votes

C

Posted by “CountTrebor” on February 08, 2022.

[Archived]

I installed the version of Blender from the links provided in this section, so I'm pretty sure is updated. I also downloaded the latest toolkit version.

In a fresh scene, I remove the cube and other things. I click on the toolkit to generate the skeleton.

I click append, then object, to select some of my old meshes to test it.

When I append, the mesh appears on the list, but I see it nowhere on my scene.

I tried exporting to imvu just to see if at all appears, no, doesn't.

Am I doing something wrong guys?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on January 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Glad you got there in the end @DaBoosterClub​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DaBoosterClub” on January 06, 2022.

[Archived]

Alright, I was not using the correct blender version but with the link provided from @jazzKat​ it updated to 2.93.7 LTS. When i was using the older version, after i installed the add on and enabled it , using the animation tool. I tried to " Append Animation File " the scene did not load with the avatar. But i got it to work and everything load with the scene. Thanks!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on January 06, 2022.

[Archived]

@XxMiMeXx​ 2.90, 2.91 and 2.92 are not LTS versions of the application so you'll need to download 2.93LTS specifically here https://www.blender.org/download/lts/2-93/

Regards the new scene.. you're best of starting projects from a 'clean' scene to prevent issues, hence File > New > General. With that in place load in the appropriate 'tool' for the product you want to make by clicking one of the button.

What are you trying to export exactly?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 06, 2022.

[Archived]

@XxMiMeXx​ You can use Studio Toolkit with any 2.9 LTS version. We are currently testing it on 3.0 also. Can you tell me more about the errors when exporting the mesh? Have you saved you file first? I am not sure I understand "cant use a new scene from general it doesnt show the files".

0 Votes

C

Posted by “XxMiMeXx” on January 06, 2022.

[Archived]

there is no longer a download for the 2.9 LTS in blender just 2.93 LTS also i used 2.9 it does not work it keeps having errors when exporting the mesh and it only lets me use the imvumegascene i cant use a new scene from general it doesnt show the files.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on December 26, 2021.

[Archived]

@DaBoosterClub​ have a watch of this and see if it helps with the install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-EyY5_Jbg4 you shouldn't need to be unpacking or doing anything to the download file other than it being saved somewhere.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

@DaBoosterClub​ Hmm.. I know that unzipping the download and trying the install with that will no work but if you selected the zip file during installation it should have put all or the necessary files here: C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons. You could try just manually copying them there, but I a curious as to why the install did not work.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DaBoosterClub” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Yes I did it zip & unzip but nothing works. I dont think it copied everything.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on December 04, 2021.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ ,

Thank you for sharing the issue about Sketchup. The team knows this is a problem, and also realizes it's not as easily solvable as Blender or 3ds Max. Wishing we had a better answer for you at this time, but will keep it on our radars. Copying @Drosselmeyer​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 04, 2021.

[Archived]

@DaBoosterClub​ Did you install the Add-on by selecting the zip file? Blender copies the contents of the zip to the add-on location automatically.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DaBoosterClub” on December 02, 2021.

[Archived]

Well I get File Not Found, but i see the file in the ZIP.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DaBoosterClub” on December 02, 2021.

[Archived]

When trying to use the animation portion of the toolkit, i get an error trying yo open the imvu mega scene.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 30, 2021.

[Archived]

Thank you RigsK... and for *all* you do that we don't see everyday. I know the team works hard too. Thanks everyone!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on November 29, 2021.

[Archived]

Thank you for the update @LestatDeLioncourt​ - copying @Drosselmeyer​ for visibility.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 29, 2021.

[Archived]

Thank you for the update @RigsK​  Some information... We have a ton of Sketchup Users that are not able to mesh at all at the moment. The Sketchup Users without the old exporters are completely on hold as the FBX Export/Import is not compatible with Sketchup.

0 Votes