[Archived - MCMXCIIIxBINO] I don't really have a question so much. My suggestion is for creators. Is it possible that we can have the create together feature like we have the shop together and the shared room feature?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MCMXCIIIxBINO” on December 05, 2021.

[Archived]
  •  This will only be available for ANY and ALL VIP users for FREE with the purchase of ANY VIP Subscription applicable. This is called Create Project. Users can have a group name if they do not want each avatar name listed as a creator. * This can not be changed later on unless VIP has ended or you remove yourself from the Project.
  • This is a very easy to use feature and sending the invite to create is even more easier. Just like a regular chat invite, a create invitation will be sent out for the next user to join. (Must be VIP)
  • Screen will display the same tools needed to make products for IMVU, but other creators can see your textures and materials you add to the Studio. (No users is interrupted unless the "Join Creation" button is clicked followed by the other user acceptance to join the project. (Maximum users allowed in the Creators Studio is 3).
  • Items that are made in the Studio is saved to each person's Products' List so they can come back with the same people, or alone to finish the products. The costs of the product will set as the profit and then divided into the group to earn their share.
  • Feature is active for the whole month and cant be stopped unless VIP has stopped. If user doesn't renew Subscription, user's name and work that was put into the product will be removed, but product will still be available for shop on the person who initiated the products.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 05, 2022.

[Archived]

However, I would be in heaven if I could combine derivable meshes together into 1 product, while still allowing each participating creator to be involved in the derive-tree or something, so they still get their derivation profits.

My shop would explode LOL I'd combine derivable poses to derivable furniture so I could move them together as one item when I decorate. (or add teeth to my heads :> or bows to hair!)

I even have a bar I asked someone to make as a custom mesh, and they got tired of making/adding so many little things to it. They helped with some, but I still have to keep re-adding so many separate parts to it, like food, poses, etc. Moving it all is exhausting, so I end up giving up a lot. I'd love to do it once and keep it fixed. NuVera had a similar feature where you could just lock furniture together in decorate-mode and move them as one item, but I don't think they had this idea in their creator mode, like when we derive here.

As for people joining create mode and viewing products that have not yet passed peer review... I mean creators do this anyways with screenshots and screen sharing, and deep down, wish they could bring in others to keep them company instead of just neglect the chat they're in together due to being distracted by the creator screen. Only thing I don't like about this is that it makes it too easy for abusers to lure in minors and expose them to adult content that didn't even have a chance to go through peer review. I would only trust cash out creators with this feature, because they had to register their real life information into their imvu accounts, so they don't have any anonymity to hide behind when a screenshot of the scene is taken by imvu when a person flags the chat (that's what I suggest if they implement this creator-feature)... etc etc yeah, you get the picture. Hell, maybe you should even give them a small reward for catching a predator, like the ones you reward peer reviewers for failing products that were incorrectly rated. Or not, wtv. It's all good.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 05, 2022.

[Archived]

@LuceEve​ I dunno, the more people I meet the more I notice that most of them don't like to read and just focus on how a product looks on them or another.

(Can ignore the following, just details of what I said above, if any are interested.)

When I gift someone an item that they did not put on their wishlist, they keep assuming that I'm the one who made it, eventhough my name isn't anywhere on it. I have to remind them that I didn't do it, I'm just helping the person who did.

Even when I make a poster that has text explaining that I'm promoting these specific items from these specific creators, they still assume the same thing. They skip the text, they don't read it.

Not long ago, I use to work in a school where the average age of the 200 students were 17-22. On one holiday, I put signs everywhere, even on all the doors, telling them that there's free cake in the cafeteria at lunch. The teachers were laughing at me, explaining that I'm wasting my time... and they were right lol The students ignored them lol eventhough there were big pictures of CAKE drawn on them, with lots of colors... and big Arrows pointing in the direction of the cafeteria... they still dismissed all of that and went out to eat lol I had to catch and tell people directly LOL

This new generation of people... scare me lol

Back in my day, shoppers had a reason to visit product pages. They were very well decorated and had awesome music, along with art and links to other products, usually ones that matched the current one, like sets but not bundled. People would have fun reading back then lol also this was when Roleplay texting was very popular here, so the standard was T1-writting styles (long paragraph posts). All these habits made people pay more attention as well as notice the names of the creators that made what they're seeing.

Today, the only people I see who notice creator names on products are other creators and seasoned shoppers who are use to socializing with creators. Why? I think it's because creators are currently the only people here who have a reason to look at the product pages where the names of creators are, so they can derive meshes. And fans who socialize with creators usually tend to overhear conversations related to such.

I still meet people who are not fresh new members but still don't know how to find matching items from a set that a creator made. Even if they made a bundle, it's not always going to show up in shop, unless they hid the items and made it only viewable in that bundle, which most don't even know how to do or want to.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LuceEve” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

If both people create the product it would not be fair to remove them from the product. If that persons work is removed from the product then the product would not be the same as it was when created. Creators collab on pieces all of the time without an added feature.

0 Votes