[Archived - RigsK] Starting November 16, 2021 - Platinum and Diamond VIP Creators may gift their Developer Tokens year round!

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “RigsK” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

Dear Creators,

We heard your feedback about being able to do more with your Dev Tokens. Starting 11/16/21 Platinum and Diamond VIP Creators may gift their Developer Tokens year round!

Here are more details:

(NOTE: you should not sign up for Tiered VIP on Next/Desktop if you want to keep Legacy VIP for as long as possible. If you try to sign up for Tiered VIP on Next/Desktop it will presume you wish to leave Legacy VIP and transfer over your remaining months.)

Developer Token Perks and Requirements - Platinum VIP Creator

Developer Token Perks and Requirements - Diamond VIP Creator

We are continuing to explore how to do more with Dev tokens - this was an idea from your fellow Creators! 

Join the conversation and suggest more ideas here. - https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00001upymyCAA/developer-tokens-suggestions-for-doing-more-with-them

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DarknessRose98” on November 22, 2021.

[Archived]

That stinks you have to m pay to put new products up​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Lushen” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

@MrsKaceyAnnaPaige​ I'm sorry, I love being a developer but I have seen A LOT of people leave IMVU for Second Life, because of IMVU's developer policies. They only listen to their inner circle of developers and nobody else. Their inner circle is compiled of IMVU Brand Name, Names that never lose tiers. They put out surveys to ask what we think, but they never follow through with anything we mention. The only thing I can think of that they followed through with was the 2 Factor Authentication which is an amazing step forward, I will admit.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Orka” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

> To add onto my above comment <

Whether its a replacement for promo credits or not, we've given them multiple directions on where to go with it that we, the playerbase, have unanimously agreed would be the best direction to go. However, once again, they refuse to listen to us at all.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Orka” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

@MrsKaceyAnnaPaige​ Lushen is right actually. Nobody wanted this. I canceled my VIP because they don't listen to anything we tell them and they will always and ONLY do what they want to do. They didn't listen to us with the Creator rework, they didn't listen to us with all the other AP changes and then started using VIP as a gatekeeping service. Honestly, if you are grandfathered you are even lucky to have that because they were considering wiping that out but they realized they would lose 90% of their playerbase and products. This is just another prime example that they refuse to listen to their community and will only follow their own agenda without consideration from the community at all.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MrsKaceyAnnaPaige” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

@Lushen​ Your Developer tokens are worth 10 credits each toward your developer fee of the 500 credit for each item you develop. Which means At Teir Level 3 your creator discount is 21% (7% per level), 40 developer tokens covers the 395 credits (21%) of the 500 credit developer fee rather you paying the fee in real credits.

FYI: You need to do 500 reviews a month to recieve the maxium points in the bonus section of tiers to recieve the 30 points (aka Tier level 3). Just 10 feed posts are needed to get 10 bonus points (aka Tier level 4). Only 25 gifts or purchases from the shop nets you 10 more bonus points (aka Tier level 5). Develop 20 texture items each month for 20 more points (aka Tier level 7 Pro). Use that as your launchpad to Pro Status.

I am a grandfathered creator myself (hovering between Tier level 9 and 10 based on sales each month) and I use the heck out of my tokens every month. I actually set a target each month for myself to not only cover my own developing for the month but to end up with atleast 500 more tokens than I started each month with. That means there are months were I am doing upwards of 1000 reviews a month to earn developing tokens. At level 9 it cost 19 developer tokens and at level 10 it cost 15 developer tokens per item. You ask me the change that was made so that we could recieved developer tokens in place of the dreaded wortheless promo-credits is a god send toward propelling creators toward Pro status.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Candried” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

Wonderful News, Thank you.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Lushen” on November 17, 2021.

[Archived]

Nobody asked for this!!!

We wanted a way to GET RID of these developer tokens to make them work for us. NOT TRANSFER THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE!!! I am a grandfathered creator and I love having that right, but we want a way to make the dev tokens redeemable for content rewards. I want my dev tokens, personally, to go towards my tier. I have 2,624 dev tokens right now. I am also currently (this month) Level 3. I should be able to use my dev tokens to boost my tier into a permanent status -OR- Redeem them for credits, VIP or other content available in the credit shop.

I sincerely do not know WHO asked for any of this, but you claimed you listened, this is not what we meant in the least.

0 Votes