[Archived - nursekitten] What can I do if someone used an icon I made without permission?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “nursekitten” on November 13, 2021.

[Archived]

So, they derived from the product I derived from but stole my icon for it. They didn't derive from me, but still took the icon I made for the product. It is 2 different people that have done it on the same product. The texture isn't mine, only the icon. Can I do anything about it? This is because I made 1st page in shop with the product, but it was a derived product I didn't change the texture, so they went to who I derived from but still stole my icon.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on November 13, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @nursekitten​, creators who are stolen from may file a takedown. More here: https://www.imvu.com/next/policyhub/dmcapolicy/

Thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on November 13, 2021.

[Archived]

you can file a dmca if you made it they need to seek permission, ask them first to change it if they dont you can request it is removed. You can only do this if you actually made the icon if its free of the net then you cant. You can only use free textures, if they are free anyone is entitled to use them.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LuceEve” on November 13, 2021.

[Archived]

I have the same issue & it seems like nothing can be done. I have message people asking them to remove my icon & sometimes they do.

0 Votes