[Archived - Maritaten] I've got pants being categorized as "tops" and I can't re-categorize them. Derived products are trapped in the wrong category (based on the base mesh's category). Is IMVU going to let us re-categorize our products like we used to be

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Maritaten” on October 02, 2021.

[Archived]

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Maritaten” on October 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Hey @LestatDeLioncourt. Thanks for the tip! It looks like I might be able to resubmit my genie pants through IMVU Studio and at least change the category to "bottoms" (which fixes part of the problem) but I still can't categorize them to "genie pants" so they are with the rest of my older derives. This does not appear to be a problem with the mesh developer - it's because she derived from an IMVU "Spaghetti Strap Top" and something happened on IMVU's end years later, which re-categorized everything. It would be great if we could categorize things like we used to. Maybe IMVU could work on fixing this - if we have categories, they should work so we can actually find stuff when shopping in the catalog, otherwise, people have to sort through literally thousands of products to find what they are looking for. Thanks again!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @Maritaten​ If you cannot change it in the Create Mode, you are pretty much stuck with what the person who you derived from chose. It may be worth double checking in the IMVU Studio to see if there are any other options. This all depends on the product you derived and the parent product's category(s). Beyond this, your only recourse is to discuss it with the person you derived from. The parent product's Creator is always the best recourse for support.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Maritaten” on October 02, 2021.

[Archived]

I derived from a mesh a few years ago and my products were correctly categorized as "Bottoms" but now it looks like the original mesh was somehow re-categorized incorrectly to "Tops." So now half of my Pants are showing up in "Bottoms" and the new ones are in "Tops." Any idea how to get this fixed? I also have hairstyles that are categorized into the wrong gender, that I would like to fix. My inventory is getting to be a mess! I'm worried customers aren't going to be able to find their products. Thanks.

0 Votes