[Archived - DiamondBones] How do we feel about using Ai Art for imvu textures and images?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on December 29, 2023.

[Archived]

I'm finding some interesting Ai generators people have made that include free commercial use licenses. I think it's a great solution for many issues when creating something that's beyond our skills here and beyond our ability to purchase as commissions from artists. Would it be frowned upon to use in imvu?

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “ShopTina” on December 31, 2023.

[Archived]

With Adobe having AI generated, Phil, and a popular app that I use for my Square texture design now coming up with an AI generation filter, where you can personally design your own AI filters, the way you want to make them, this very much is a slippery slope of is it ethical or is it theft.

31 I think could be a decent amount of use for some AI generation, we will have to see how the world at large sees the acceptability of AI images being accepted or rejected in 3-D.

I know there are also programs in the work to protect artwork that is combed from the Internet from AI generation bots. That are meant to corrupt the overall image in the scan I believe the project code name is Nightingale, but don’t hold me to that. I know, a couple of 3-D measures for IMVU, who are looking into the Nightengale image, corruption algorithm to help protect their copyright, textures, and other images from being included in the bot crawls for AI images.

But at this time, I think it’s a wait-and-see concept. Definitely something to pay attention to right now.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 29, 2023.

[Archived]

Only one person's opinion...

My only concern would be if someone were to create the exact, same AI-generated art. What if the source of the AI is faulty or not 100% public domain art used to generate?

Consider the recent use of Microsoft input data from questionable sources :/ Me, myself, and I ??? We want 100% proof the permission given is true.

0 Votes