[Archived - Avengelyne] Here we go again...........

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Avengelyne” on September 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Back in 2019 there was a big ol kerfuffle because so many creators were churning out items that had logos related to a big brand ' G***i* and the ensuing warnings sent out by ShannonMac at the time were widely read and discussed.

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D51L00006YXXXASA5/creators-gucci?language=en_US

and this

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D51L00006YXHegSAH/unauthorized-use-of-gucci-brand?language=en_US

I bring this up because i sadly feel its going to be relevant again soon enough, after perusing the shop there's a stack of items that are well known fashion brands and logos and that are blatantly being churned out in the catalogue, quite frankly its frustrating....there are so many creators who abide by the rules and make their own unique items (no logo required) and they are competing with that in the catalogue.

Before long theres going to be another purge before the crap hits the fan, and theres going to be some royally peeved creators and customers when it happens.

Id ask for input on this and im sure there is plenty, keep it decent guys...

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on October 03, 2023.

[Archived]

Imvu only the person who owns the logo, the big brands would have to file take down or threaten imvu like they did with Gucci, all the time it is making imvu money they wont do a thing. When has imvu ever been fair, they can prove me wrong but i cant see them doing anything about it. The rules are out there but imvu don't follow them.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “WolfSpirit29” on September 17, 2023.

[Archived]

@ShopTina​ & @Avengelyne​ IMVU won't do anything about name brand logos that creators are posting unless that company actually contacts IMVU themselves & complains that it's a copyright violation. They look the other way on this. There used to be a way to reject those items in peer review until after the G issue but they took it out. They claim it's not their job to police the catalogs on their own site for copyright violation sadly. So unless the companies like LV & others contact IMVU personally all the creators violating copyright laws will forever be able to get by with it.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on September 16, 2023.

[Archived]

I remember this... something like 4000 shops got nuked including big name creators/meshes/sellers and they didn't get just shut down, their entire account got permanently banned. Despite trying to warn people that copyright violations are serious business, some creators outside of the USA think their untouchable, because entitlement? I have always been a big one on copyright and recently in the last few months I walked away from a whole creator family who where stealing artwork from a furry artist friend of mine who does Egyptian stuff and whom i hang out with at conventions. Despite me trying to tell them NOT to steal her textures off google, because google is not actually free, they basically told me "I live in Egypt, i'm allowed too." I can't with some people I swear. So i helped my furry friend file a takedown notice on all the art they stole from her. Not sure the outcome.

I'm thinking about making a first video for my youtube channel I'm working on covering the basics of Copyrights, digital creating, and how to hunt for royalty free textures you can use.

I think we need a "copyright violation suspected" option when reporting items on the classic website. That way we can flag it more properly.

People want the nice stuff, huge luxury brand names charge MILLIONS for licensee rights to their brand. Small time artists still can license their images, sounds and shapes for independent creations. One very famous wolf image stolen from an artist who is one of the most recognizable images stolen online, license's this image for clothing and other stuff for only 700$. Famous people have stolen his images to promote their work, and you can see his art all over amazon with hoodies and such. he's sued amazon for a nice sum.

Trust me, IMVU will delete your account, your shop and your items, Mac IP ban you and make sure you never comeback, if it means that big luxury brands like Gucci, Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, and plenty of others do not actually go through with their legal threats to take IMVU (Now think labs) to court for copyright violations PER violation.

Brand theft is no joke, Brand theft is not cool, or funny, or a victimless crime.

google images are not free. Images on a public inter net space are not free. They are owned and copyright by the people who made such items. And since IMVU is a USA based company, US law is enforced on this site, regardless of country of residence outside of the USA.

This is my two cents, I am not a lawyer, none of this post constitutes as legal advice, do your own research and read the IMVU TOS IN DEPTH.

0 Votes