[Archived - VEROz] I would like to add tattoos to the arms skintight layer in this mesh. When adding an opacity to one of the skintight arm material spots, it automatically duplicates and repeats filling all the opacity slots with the texture i entered..

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “VEROz” on July 10, 2023.

[Archived]

My question is: How can i prevent this, what am i doing wrong?

Re: product# 63159481

The only materials that were not effected were the materials that were already in place by the creator i deved from. there materials remain untouched. I have had this same instance with a few other meshes i have used, usually i just give up.. This time i really would like help to understand this better~ thank you in advance for your help, ~Vz

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “VEROz” on July 17, 2023.

[Archived]

OMG thank you ~!!! I deleted the opacitys and started fresh. renamed as you suggested .and BAM!! all rolled smooth after that. tyty yer Awesome!!

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 15, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @VEROz​ Try this... Remove *all* the opacity maps or start a fresh derive, whichever is easier...

Name your opacity materials different for each different opacity graphic (location) you would like.

In other words create your opacities similar to these:

Tattoo-ArmLeft.png

Tattoo-ArmRight.png

Tattoo-LegLeft.png

Tattoo-ArmRight.png

Etc.

When the same name is used for different places, all will use the same material. Individual materials need individual names.

Now, some Material Slots are "duplicated" automatically in the Mesh by the original product Mesher / Creator.

If they look okay, keep going...

Remember! the best place for individual product support is from the person you are deriving the product.

If you cannot contact them, support a different creator who answers messages and offers support :)

~ Enjoy Life

0 Votes