[Archived - DiamondBones] Which Grey Color doesn't clip Opacity Maps?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Was overcomplicated for me when I heard about this years ago, but I think I could tackle this now. Hoping to skip the trial and error and get right to it by asking!

If I remember this right, it's said that it has something to do with the total % of black for all Materials' Opacities with Composite Blending. If they don't combine above a certain number, then we can view all of them through eachother like semi transparent layers, no clipping. Studio now forces something like this in it's Advanced settings by allowing the creator to designate a number to each Material so that it can organize the sequence of appearance! Still great! But I'm trying to replace the Additive feature, because my single Material moves ontop of itself, so Composite Blending makes it clip, but Additive makes it fantastic.

I'm wondering if this Grey % thing is still true and if I could use it to allow the folding of this single Material upon itself to not clip when in Composite Blending mode?

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=61040277

Here it is, I've derived many from the parent mesh and it's alt version. I want to update the Light rays emitting from the lower edges of the wings. Make them glow with Emissions but transparent with Composite Blending, not Additive because the automatic icons for it are not something I want to stick with for many more years.

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on May 29, 2023.

[Archived]

ok, so do a blend so I could find the shade myself! ahhh ok ok nice. Thanks ^_^

0 Votes

C

Posted by “gemini61984” on May 26, 2023.

[Archived]

make a scale starting gray that bleeds into black. remember the the white shows without a problem but black disappears when blending

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on May 23, 2023.

[Archived]

@gemini61984​ Hi! Thank you so much! But could you elaborate with more detail? I don't think I was able to follow that.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “gemini61984” on May 22, 2023.

[Archived]

darker the gray do a gray skill top closer to white going to black hope this help

0 Votes