[Archived - Yuuasa] Composite Blend & Skin Composite Clashing?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Yuuasa” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm back again to beg for help! Tonights stupid issue is composite blend & skin cmpoosite clashing. I'm trying to get a part of the mesh i'm texturing to be blended out into full transparency. but the issue is that skin composite is making that impossible. screenies because i can't word:

expectation:

https://i.gyazo.com/43d2467f3ae2cc6d4647e7f53cedede2.png

reality:

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/10e66c058b68562730d2305cbde32f88-png.jpg

the top image is what i'm looking to get....but then i lose the entire body with it. Anyone know of a way to make this work? Or am I trying to do a dumb thing as usual, lol. Thanks for any help you might have to offer~

0 Votes

1 Comments

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 27, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @Yuuasa​ , Oh Boy. This is a tough subject :P

It is tough because there are many parts to the puzzle: Skin Products, Skin on a Clothing Product, Skin Composite, Inheritance, Material ID and Naming of the texture you use for the skin.

The short answer is, I hope :) , that Skin Composite exposes the avatar skin on a material using the opacity map as a "mask" (black areas of the opacity map will show the skin). Setting it to Composite Blend will make the opacity map use the grayscale values in the opacity map making the blending from the material to the skin softer. For Skin Composite to work the material must be an ID other than 7. ID 7 is reserved for the avatar skin.

From the pictures, it looks like you are trying to get the skin to look transparent. I was able to get this to work, but the material you are editing will need to be ID 7 and the skin diffuse texture named exactly Female01_Anime01_Tops_naked_020degrees.tga (even if it is a PNG or JPG). Skin composite should be off (it is not relevant for materials that are already ID 7). I derived from PIDs 167 and 171 in both Studio and Classic Creator and added an opacity map to the skin material (material ID 7) and it worked. When I wore a skin product, it showed up in Studio but did not in Classic Client.

Making a transparent skin product, is a whole other thing and only works if the avatar is just the base avatar 80 or 191.

0 Votes