[Archived - Poiznives] Derivable

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Poiznives” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

I’ve derived a few from one creator who has over 7k in catalog w/ DMCA logo and has been on IMVU since 2011. Now, I am having issues w/ another creator saying it’s her original mesh. How can I know which creator I can trust to actually derived from? I thought I was doing the right thing by only deriving from someone who has a large catalog and has been creating for so many years. Any advice?

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you, @Poiznives​ for the kind words. I ; as many others, are here to help people. I hope you make a ton of products and sell them everyday! :D

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Poiznives” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you! You always make new creators feel welcome with your thoughtfulness in your answers. I appreciate u!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

Hey @Poiznives​ This is a tough one to answer. First thing, I would not adhere to any threats from anyone. Secondly, our concern is to make sure anything you add to any project (your assets) are all yours. If you derive from someone and they have issues, it is not a bad reflection on you.

Finding a person to derive from is a hard question to answer. It sounds like you are on the right track with your research. Trusted, Long-term, Mesh-Marks, are all good things to look for in a person to derive from. Messh Marks are handy but not available on all products. These are usually markings inside the mesh; someplace, that show a logo or the meshers name.

Keep your account in good standing by only using your artwork, you have created and do not worry about anything. If someone you derive from gets in trouble, that is not a bad light on you.

Finally, If you are being harassed by someone, you should report them. This issue may be someone who is simply jealous of your work or someone who doesn't understand the DMCA policies. This harassment would be against the IMVU policies. More on this Here: http://im.vu/help723

I hope this helps...

0 Votes