[Archived - JustinWallace] Looking for assistance with an animated texture

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JustinWallace” on March 22, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm working on this house for my personal use and I've done everything except the fireplace, there's one texture that I'm struggling with. I'm looking for help with the animated texture below the logs and fire, I'm trying to make it look like burning coals and it's not coming out right. if someone could help or knows of a texture I could use that would be amazing.

0 Votes

13 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “JustinWallace” on March 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I agree. Just sometimes knowledge of how to do things is difficult to find. I think it was the 512x256 thing because once I resized it, it did better.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 25, 2022.

[Archived]

Awesome! I think everyone becomes better with practice :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on March 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I did managed to get it to work well enough that I could submit it. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on March 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you sir. I'll be in touch.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Ah, congratulations!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Thank you, I do have you added. I was half tempted to pull you this morning to talk about it but I was sure you were probably busy. I will look into the pumpkin today and I admit I haven't had a lot of time to look through your shop although I have seen your feed items. I may message you about your silhouettes later lol I just really need to get this fireplace done and this house submitted so I can work on my next big project, my wedding lol

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Yeah, I looked at your PID and it is only a Flat Texture under the fire :/ This is tough. I made a glowing effect under a Halloween Pumpkin one time. It was similar with only a flat square under the pumpkin. I used texture only 4 frames. They also had opacity to help make it look a little transparent and oval rounded.

I took each frame and gradually and randomly changed the oval area on the texture material. Also changing the brightness. The effect was quite nice when finished.

Mine is simple but works nicely in a dark room. Look at the Pumpkin to get an idea of what 4 frames can do. What about 16 frames? :D You can get an idea of settings on opening the product for derive. Of course you do not need to derive my pumpkin or any of my products but, any derive would be appreciated.

Add me if you like... I support all of my products for everyone :D

Support those who support you :)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Alright, that's probably part of the problem....

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi @JustinWallace​  At this time, yes. 512x256 or 256x512 . . .

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I've tried contacting them but haven't received a response yet. Somewhere I read theres a max texture size for animations. Is this still true? I read it is max 512x256

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

The item is https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=44108968 texture asset #60, the one just above the flames. I've tried messaging ChicByTrinity but I've received no response.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi @JustinWallace​ Fire and Animated Texture Materials are a struggle even for experienced creators. Depending on the Mesh you are deriving, Scrolling may look better than cycling or visa-versa. You may try both sliding the material across the coals or making many snapshot frames and use cycling. If you really want a great effect, you may play with Particle Effects and the Position of them. It may or may not work on your project depending on where to starting point is and how far you can move them over, etc.

I found a couple of tutorials for you on YouTube that may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5iLI0fvwJg explains Texture Animation in the old Create Mode. For the new IMVU Studio, try this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jaDIF8ApU

The approach I would take for burning coals if the coals are lit up by themselves, I would use many frames in Cycling Materials. If you have way 32 to 64 frames in the Material then you should get a good slow, glowing effect.

As always the best place to get product support is from the person you are deriving. They are most familiar with the product, how it was made, etc. to give you best answers.

I hope this helps.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ilyx” on March 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Let me know what product id you're trying to texture, I'll check if I can guide you.

0 Votes