Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Hagne” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

I have asked this question on here before, however I thought I'd ask again as unfortunately the responses I got were not very helpful. I'm going to try to explain this as best as I can, I have created about 3-4 skins for the IMVU catalogue. I play on desktop, so that is also where I do most of my texturing. I have noticed that when I finally finish my product and upload it then go to IMVU Mobile to see how it looks, it looks completely different. The quality remains the same, so that's great, but it is the colours that are highly altered, especially the darker tones, they look very saturated and are literally red. This is a pretty big deal for me considering the fact that they are skins - I ideally would like them to look the same! Due to this I stopped creating skins for a while because I didn't know how to fix it, but very recently I finished another skin, and before I upload it I want to make sure I know how to fix this issue. Last time I asked this question, I was told to try IMVU Studio as it shows a preview of how it should look on mobile, but it still looks great on IMVU Studio, and I know for a fact that once I upload it it is going to be the same problem all over again... I understand that there are different colour profiles, so products on my desktop computer wont look the same on my iPhone, but surely it wouldn't be such a drastic change? I have looked at skins done by other creators, compared them on desktop and mobile, and there is either the tiniest different or none at all. Its just very weird. I hope someone can help with this, preferably someone that also makes skins for the catalogue and has run into the same problem before.

Thank you!

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Beauly” on February 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi! @Hagne​ I think imvu mobile, imvu desktop and imvu classic do have differences of 3d engines, products have a different look due to various factors, one of which is the ability of the computer or smartphone in displaying graphics, with open gl or direct 3d differences in the graphics system being the main factor, in addition there is also building system software made such as java base, Linux and others. Sometimes the capabilities of graphics technology such as apple bionic, snapdragon, exynos etc. have differences with intel, nvidia or amd. The most important thing is that the imvu team has tried to present the best thing to bring imvu to the mobile world. cheers!

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @Hagne​ I have noticed this too. For me it is not just skins but most everything and especially skins. I do not think there is a one fix for all these different materials. I think it is more of a balancing of the materials for a "general look" (tough nut to crack).

What I have noticed is when using "this" phone or "that" phone there is difference there, also. I have also noticed a difference on Desktop between Notebook, PC and different display monitors on each.

What I decided to do on materials is to adjust an "all-round" fit so in general it looks good on mobile, desktop and I don't worry much with the Classic. There are adjustments that can be made on Desktops with some graphics adapters. These can be adjusted to an industry standard. They can also be adjusted so what you see on the screen is "off" a tiny bit and more similar to what is seen on Mobile. Adjusting this to match a general public is very hard but can be done.

There is such a diversity of mobile displays and the way graphics are presented (OS to OS, GPU to GPU, etc.), I do not think we can adjust for all of them. Some love the Greens, some love the reds, some are on Blue Light Filter, etc. etc. I think most people on Mobile know what they see on their mobile screen is 'off' and just live with it. IDK I do know many people who set their mobile display to blue filter, low light room. Many manufacturers of mobile products try to reduce the eye issues in a situation to claim their devices are more "eye-friendly". Not so much on PC, Desktops display monitors, etc.

I am looking toward the future and trying to make a 'balance' of the look I want, on my products. I lean a bit more toward Desktop Display than Mobile but is something is way off on mobile, it may be good to adjust toward it a bit.

I hope something here helps...

0 Votes