[Archived - ] Hey, im still new to creating and i was wondering how to make my own textures and how to lower MB because I'm currently trying to create for christmas and it says my MB is 2.00 MB and needs to be 2MB or less. Thank you in advance. :)

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “” on December 02, 2021.

[Archived]

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 19, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi Any project can be a challenge for this reason. There are many Texture Materials and each of them need to be fully optimized for the best "loading time" on the various platforms. The idea behind the limit 2mb limit is keep the overall Kb Weight down. This helps prevent people from Crashing and especially in the older Classic 3d Chat Client. Loading of huge products in the Newer Platforms will cause loading time time to be too long or cause it to stop not fully loading the product (room). Anyway solutions are at hand...

Go through your Texture Materials, one by one. Make sure they are optimized. They need to be optimized by Pixel Size and by Kb Weight.

The first thing to do is make sure your Materials are as small as possible in Pixel Size without loosing the effect you are seeking. Example: If you add a 512x512 Pixel Size Material to a tiny "Napkin" on a table, this is a waste. You can probably use a 64x64 or 128x128 texture material and not take away from the artistic effect you want. Judge the Pixel Size to use against the importance of the object.

After you have the size of the material that fits the object, make sure it conforms to the Power of Two. This is true for both the old Classic Create Mode and the newer IMVU Studio. There is an explanation of "Power of Two" material pixel sizes explained in this post Here: https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p000029s7A6CAI/

Finally you need to optimize your Kb Size of each material. This is different depending on what Graphics Editor you use. Look at the "Assets" Tab. Remove anything not needed there. Also, you can see what Materials might be causing the issue. Beyond this optimizing your Texture Materials by the rule for Power of 2 and using your graphics editor Optimize materials (called for Web Use?), you can maintain the look you want while reducing the overall Kb Weight of your project.

If you have issue with your particular Graphics Editor and how to optimize for "Web Use", you can Google it. Most have a save Option to Optimize. Google similar to ...

"GIMP How to Optimize Graphics Web Use" or something like "Photoshop How to Optimize Graphics Web Use", etc.

I hope something here helps.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on December 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Moved to Textures

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AlVlBER” on December 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Hey, thank you!! I figured things out and started using studio.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 02, 2021.

[Archived]

HI @AlVlBER​ I see an older post that should give the answers you need in this one, https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p000029s7A6CAI/ It talks about the "Powers of Two" and optimizing your graphics with Links, etc. Many use tutorials from YourTube to see how to make a texture material for specific uses. Ex: If you want to make Blue Jeans, Google "Blue Jeans" "Material Tutorial" for "GIMP" or for "Paint Shop", etc.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes