[Archived - ] How is this glow texture achieved?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “” on November 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Greetings,

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=53332260

I found this outfit set by xTemoox and I love how it has a pulse glow to the texture. I imagine it has to be an animated cycling texture but I can't figure out how he did it while still keeping so much detail in the texture and making the animation so smooth. Anyone have any idea how this is achieved? Thanks.

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “FlareHero” on November 26, 2021.

[Archived]

Heya @Aomy,

Sorry I haven't updated this post. I never got a response from Temoo. Thank you for chiming in about this technique. I'll have to experiment with it when I get the chance. :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Aomy” on November 26, 2021.

[Archived]

Hello, I don't know if you already got the answer you were looking for, but I can give you some recommendations.

Try to make the animation in no more than 10 frames, in a texture of 512x512 pixels with a resolution of 90, both for the texture and for the opacity. Use Gaussian blur to prevent it from looking pixelated and keep the details, be careful not to blur too much because it could look very blurry. You can also use surface blur to make the texture look better.

If it's within your grasp, use Topaz Labs to improve even more. Play with the presets that this tool brings.

In textures with drawings of people you can use HDR to highlight details of the figure and make them more visible. Then by placing the blur filters, you remove the pixelation and arm the frames.

I hope I helped a little

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FlareHero” on November 03, 2021.

[Archived]

I'll send them a message and see if they respond. Usually I never get replies back, but I'll try. Thanks.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 03, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @FlareHero​ The best product support is from the person who made it. I would contact the Creator of the Parent product and discuss it with them as they are most familiar with the product and have all the information. Many times they will offer material maps and guidance beyond what people do here.

I hope this helps.

0 Votes