[Archived - Saturi] IMVU Web & Desktop Update: Dark Theme & New Shop Filters

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Saturi” on February 21, 2024.

[Archived]

Dark Theme Now Available on IMVU Web and Desktop

Elevate your IMVU experience to new heights! We're excited to announce the release of Dark Theme on both IMVU Web and IMVU Desktop. This sophisticated and modern design is set to redefine your IMVU experience.

Dark Theme 

As part of our commitment to delivering the features you love, we have made the decision to discontinue Light (Theme) Mode. This strategic move not only reduces engineering effort and maintenance but also sets the stage for a more efficient and feature-rich IMVU. We can't wait for you to explore IMVU in a whole new light—well, dark, to be precise!

New Shop Filtering Features

Discover a more refined shopping experience with our new filtering options! You can now filter your shop experience by price.

• Slide the handles to target your search results to the price points you are interested in.
  • Find lower priced deals, or target only high value products!
  • Use Credits to search the general catalog or VCOIN for valuable limited quantity NFTs.
  • Combine these new filters with other search parameters.

filter by price 1filter by vcoin 1

0 Votes

56 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Celoise” on July 09, 2024.

[Archived]

This was such a terrible decision and didn't take into account the people that did enjoy the light mode, or the people that can't handle the dark mode due to eye issues. The option to toggle should've been implemented instead of this.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “itskoizumi” on June 28, 2024.

[Archived]

why not have both wth???????????????

0 Votes

C

Posted by “vodami92” on March 01, 2024.

[Archived]

i guess we don't have a choice then! nothing much to say! i love the original theme! why you destroy it!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “sweetqtpie” on February 28, 2024.

[Archived]

I love reading all your computer users. Crying complain because they made it a Dark mode. This is the most beautiful thing ever. Mobile users complain all the time and computer users don't care. I now get to laugh at all of you computer users this is beyond epic

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DianaTurner” on February 28, 2024.

[Archived]

I hate the dark screen ..I cant see to go to an individuals feed etc.. not even my own.

NOOOOOOOOO NOT LIKING IT AT ALL... ITS USELESS LIKE IT IS

Fix it or trash it!!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “lamiyah330044” on February 27, 2024.

[Archived]

how can i have kids if i want some

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Lushen” on February 25, 2024.

[Archived]

Now update your main website......

0 Votes

C

Posted by “bloodybf” on February 25, 2024.

[Archived]

why can't we just have the option to toggle between light or dark mode

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Jiinro” on February 25, 2024.

[Archived]

Voy a ser feliz, cuando permitan que los avatares caminen y podamos poner microfono para comunicarnos! Eso seria un diez! Amo imvu!!!!! ♥

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xCinSavagex” on February 25, 2024.

[Archived]

WHY DOES IMVU WANT OUR OPINION? THEY DONT LISTEN ANYWAYS TO US... FORCING US TO SWITCH TO THE CLIENT OR GO MOBILE. JUST FIX THE CLASSIC AND UPDATE IT. WE ARE THE ONES THAT PAY TO PLAY. THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT WE WONT?????

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AvaCorrine” on February 24, 2024.

[Archived]

Please give us the option to toggle between light and dark mode. Dark mode is a no for me.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AdriannaR38” on February 24, 2024.

[Archived]

I’d rather stop playing the game than deal with the dark theme. I absolutely hate it, I can’t see everything as well, and without a choice for light or dark you guys are literally restricting us even more of the freedom to play it and to have options. Give us options, not force us to use a theme we don’t like. Reverse the forced dark theme and give us the option to use either light or dark as we choose, not force us to use dark theme just to satisfy your easier maintenance/updates and system running stuff. I know I’m not alone in this. I rarely play this now because it’s too dark, and because you’re forcing us to use the dark them without even considering our opinions and complaints about it. Dark themes don’t fit everyone, give us options to use light or dark freely. Please allow us to use light or dark, I’m struggling to play the game now because it’s too dark because of the dark theme and I can’t see everything as good on here anymore like I did before. I will stop playing completely if it continues and us players continue to be ignored on customer/player satisfaction/complaints and those who pay money on here. I love the game, but not the dark theme at all. You’re going to lose players now because of this force of the dark theme only with no freedom to choose either one.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Spikes” on February 24, 2024.

[Archived]

and just to clarify, by classic ui i mean the original client... the ui we've always had, for the original client... it absolutely can be done. imvu classic and imvu next both use the same coding languages.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Spikes” on February 24, 2024.

[Archived]

i still don't understand why you don't just add a toggle between the classic ui and the new ui... the dark theme for the new ui is ugly AF. i would happily move to the new client, i just don't like the new ui. i'm used to the old ui and i will stand and die on that hill until my days on imvu are done

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FiftyShadesOfRed” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Why are you releasing a feature we have as an option on our phones already? How about fixing simple things like me having to log in everytime I use the website no matter how many times I press remember device? I am not liking anything about dark mode. I have an autoimmune disease and it messes with my eyes.

And my outfits look horrible. One of the attractions for me was shopping. I’ve spent way too much on things that look horrible now. I guess when people that pay a lot of money walk away you’ll be satisfied. I told you a year ago when you got greedy you were ruining things that didn’t need fixing. Still going eh?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JEDS” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

I have no interest in filtering by price etc.

I am interested in being able to change my existing clothing while trying on new things and being able to try on more than one new item at the same time eg a new top with matching pants. All these things are available with IMVU Classic and should be with IMVU desktop.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MrsCee” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

There's really no point in voicing any concern. Y'all don't listen to the consumer anyways.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

@JunkoRin you can update the client via https://www.imvu.com/download.php

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Now all we need is to get rid of the mannequin look in shopping and have real avatar models, shopping on Next makes things look so bland.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Loving the dark easy on the eyes, we have this in classic, I always found when switched to next The bright light triggered migraines. It gets a thumbs up from me :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “vodami92” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

so no vote for me! because i don't like this!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “CandieKizzez” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

There should be an option to use dark or light mode!! Giving ppl a choice is the best way to go!! U will end up losing more customers if there's no choice. And idk why u (imvu) want ppls opinions and discuss this because in the past imvu didn't listen to us and did what they wanted and changed things anyway. Hopefully u will listen to us this time but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “vodami92” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

it was ok for me to have this option for light mode eventually! but no! of course not! only dark mode option!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RebeccaEstrella” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Please give us the option to use either black or light background. Choice is the best way to go to enhance everyone's experience. For some have trouble with the light theme and others of us have trouble with the Dark.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Tenderwind” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

A good day. A black background is a bad idea. My eyes are constantly strained.I feel uncomfortable. The words on it are barely distinguishable. My eyes are straining to the point of pain. I would like to bring back the old white background. It looks pretty gloomy and not pretty.

0 Votes