Censorship

Posted about 1 month ago by Guest

Post a topic
Un Solved
G

So out of nowhere this morning IMVU is censoring AP words in not only my own AP private room but in AP chat rooms. Anyone know why this might be happening?

0 Votes

15 Comments

Sorted by
D

Doompixie posted 22 days ago

For AP rooms, not being able to - contextually - speak about BDSM or shrooms in a room is silly, arbitrary, excessive and insulting. We are customers, not children, not prisoners.

I'm sure people will be leaving vu (again) if this isn't fixed, and this time, I'll be one of them.

0 Votes

A

ArcanaNilus posted 22 days ago

Still having this issue and support response to it is vague and unhelpful honestly. They claim they are fine tuning the new chat client but that shouldn't matter they don't even suggest that they are going to look into the issue with private chats, and only suggest you look at the article on community guidelines. It's honestly a bunch of BS and this whole censorship thing is a big push to leave IMVU. I was in a private chat with a friend last night and I was not censored for about an hour of talking and after around an hour I magically became censored in an AP private chat room, And my friend hasn't experienced this issue even once the whole time.

0 Votes

G

Guest posted 23 days ago

Anyone know when it will be fixed?

0 Votes

F

FernandoVanSant posted 23 days ago

Yup, still censoring words in a private chat, even though we both got age + AP upgrades. This might push folks away from the game real soon...

0 Votes

G

Guest posted 23 days ago

Is it happening again? I was just on with my girl and it was censoring her but not me

0 Votes

N

NaughtyBear posted 24 days ago

This is not SOLVED!!!

It is a problem this morning, come on IMVU!

1 Votes

A

ArcanaNilus posted 24 days ago

I'm having the same issue in privates I can go to public ap rooms and say the same things without being censored but in privates I'm censored

0 Votes

R

RocksTheSquirrel posted 24 days ago

Also, this is not solved as me and a friend are curently having that issue as of this message

3 Votes

R

RocksTheSquirrel posted 24 days ago

I am also getting things censorder in private and shared AP room. Nothing seems to work and getting tired of IMVU borking things.

0 Votes

C

Cyrce posted 24 days ago

WTF is wrong with this censoring thing now? it censores almost even the most stupid possible thing! even some default gestures as "oooh" which raises the head up, or ">" which gives a single kiss and it's so bad that censores some single sentences for no rason!. YOU REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

2 Votes

T

Terrance4k posted 24 days ago

there goes our first amendment. community numbers gunna plummet if this isnt changed.. 

4 Votes

K

Kanjiirahlni posted 24 days ago

wasn't expecting to see you here naomy! how long ago did it begin happening to you, approximately?

1 Votes

N

NaomyCho posted 24 days ago

It started happening to myself and a few of my friends. Something as extremely vaguely erotic as "Licks the tip of a spoon" got censored. Someone flipped the censor switch to 11 by the look of things. Everyone involved was AP and age verified to boot. Hope this gets fixed soon. This level of puritanism is just going to make people flee lol.

3 Votes

K

Kanjiirahlni posted 24 days ago

It's started happening to me too. I paid for AP! I should be able to use "adult" words!

2 Votes

G

Guest posted about 1 month ago

Like certain AP words that I’ve always been able to use it’s now censoring them. 

1 Votes

Login to post a comment