Better Account Security Needed

Posted 18 days ago by ShopTina

Post a topic
ShopTina ShopTina
ShopTina

Lets face it...

The account security features for users on IMVU aren't the greatest. Heck, they're downright horrible. With a simple email code, and some form of lackadaisical 2 factor implementation, i weep at the prospect of keeping my account secure as technology advances well out of the purview of what IMVU is willing to offer to it's user base.

With so many of it's users now on mobile (having made the shift from PC), I feel it is about time IMVU ups it's security game with some possible new security options.

Some of these include:

-Authenticator App
-Phone Text/SMS
-Backup Keys/Phrases
-Secondary emails allowed
-Enabling Biometrics on mobile devices
-adding passkeys/pins to the sensitive areas of the account (particularly for creators)
-requiring logging in again when editing sensitive data (changing email, payment methods, etc.)
-encrypting cookies to prevent password stealing/account stealing links/code from websites.

I feel it's beyond time IMVU brings it's security up to the modern age. I feel, and it is my personal opinion that it is still stuck in 2005, and that this should be an utmost priority for the platform as a whole in the modern age of mobile phones, powerful apps and devices that can currently take IMVU's over simplistic security and run it into the ground.

Yours in service
Miss Tina

1 Votes

0 Comments

Login to post a comment