[Archived - MaxSMoke777] I'm stuck on the Thumbnail window, can't escape...

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 27, 2023.

[Archived]

I'm trying to make a thumbnail for my furniture items, and I'm stuck on this window. I can't get out of it!

ThumbnailError2 

0 Votes

26 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

This has happened to me before, but the issue has always went away by itself when I return a while later. Sometimes Studio just needs a break, I've noticed.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks @LestatDeLioncourt​! I am adding them to the ticket.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 21, 2024.

[Archived]

Some more sample PIDs with this issue...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 18, 2024.

[Archived]

I am going to have to investigate this some more and see if it has something to do with our product image generator settings.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 17, 2024.

[Archived]

My Poontoon boat from the other posts works now. It is a huge mesh (200 feet wide) BUT, it is not Tall. Hmm...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 17, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​, Well I have had no luck with this either :( I tried setting all of the bones to have no transformation so I think it is trying to "keep in view" the mesh and maybe the mesh is too big as @LestatDeLioncourt​ suggests (?) I will bring this up with the tools team and see what they think might be going on.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Other large furniture projects still allow camera icon selections.

Is it too Tall for the Camera Zone? Height freaking out the Icon

generator?

Good catch Max :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 13, 2024.

[Archived]

On this PID and deriving, I can add an Icon for the Classic Icon either in Studio or on the classic Add HTML page. But, nothing can be done to add a "Desktop & Mobile" Icon. Similar to past issues, nothing appears in the Desktop Mobile icon area to select.

I tried adding a small triangle "mesh" in the center of this project. I also added 4 cameras and added a .XSF. No Difference. Maybe the Mesh is too large for the Icon Camera Staging area.

Issue continues...

Reference:

CameraNo Icon Available 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 13, 2024.

[Archived]

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 12, 2024.

[Archived]

Hey @MaxSMoke777​, Sorry. I have been away. Do you have a PID for this issue. I will have a look.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 03, 2024.

[Archived]

I thought it was working, but I just checked IMVU Desktop, and it's the default icon, so apparently not. In Studio, you see an icon, but it's REALLY far away and just shows the avie standing by themselves.

Sidenote, for some reason the IMVU website wasn't accepting the IMVU Classic icon I made for it. When you "add HTML Description" and can choose an icon there. I would change the icon, it would appear to work... go back into Studio... and find the icon changed back! It would be changed back in IMVU Desktop and the website. I just changed it again 5 minutes ago, so we'll see if it takes.

I thought I was going senile, as I changed that icon at least 5 times, it seemed like it was working, and then go back later to find the old-incorrect icon returned. It was like the image was being overwritten at the server level.

So I'm not sure what's happening, but that points to some issues that might be very deeply rooted. I know servers use alot of redundancy to protect the data from hardware issues. I think one of those little programs is having hiccups and ground-hog-day-ing data.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 03, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ Are you still having an issue with generating a thumbnail for this project?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 30, 2023.

[Archived]

All that means is that this issue has been reported, known about, and still NOT FIXED for over a year now. That's not a good thing.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 28, 2023.

[Archived]

That is literally not possible, at least in this version of Studio.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 28, 2023.

[Archived]

@MightySe7en​ and @Drosselmeyer​ reported and looked into a similar issue reported last year. Check the Private Group Here: https://cc.imvu.com/s/feed/0D55d0000D8sYHVCQ2

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on December 28, 2023.

[Archived]

I will make sure this is also looked into. It may be a week until you hear anything as the company is still on break this week

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@MightySe7en​ I sent in a saved project (folder) with this issue on 12/14/2023

The issue was the furniture Category defaulted to "Tops". I looked at the derive parent and it doesn't have the category Tops as a selection. How did it get there?

The reply to my sending the project was...

"For some reason, the Category in the Info panel was set to 'Tops', but this is a furniture product and the product image generator is failing when it requests the thumbnails."

This issue Max is having may be related.

Furniture 

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

The correct names are:

Furniture.Camera.1

Furniture.Camera.2

Furniture.Camera.3

Furniture.Camera.4

Cal3D would appear something like this...

<BONE NAME="Furniture.Camera.1" NUMCHILDS="0" ID="101">

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Camera.* Isn't the same thing. There are some various things you can do with multiple cameras but those are niche uses.

The issue from your post with the morphs is being looked into, we talked about that issue and are working to fix it.

I will make sure we solve the issue with this window not closing as well.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I think I found it on this page:

https://create.imvu.com/articles/classic/skeletons-bone-relationships

It says it's "Camera.*", so I'm assuming Camera.1 will work?

Anyways, I've tried all ways, and it still dead-ends at that screen. I have to shutdown the whole program to get out of Studio, I can't close the window, I can't press cancel. The whole interface fails to work at that point, but Windows can close with the exit button and then it asks if I want to save or not, so it's not like the program is crashed. There simply is no method to get out of that one menu.

As far as thumbnails, it looks like it can use the IMVU Classic thumbnail just fine, so this isn't an issue that is stopping my item from working.

There is still the issue of Morphs and stance.Idle not working right. I've mentioned this in another thread, but basically the Morph animations FREAK OUT if you don't set the stance.Idle to "Replace" instead of "Average". This is not an issue with Classic, it works fine. But in IMVU desktop, it trying to tween in the morph over and over again, over about 20 frames... forever. There's no setting for Blending, it just does it on it's own.

You can see this issue for yourself if you look at this product and change it's stance.Idle from Replace to Average:

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=66073419

This happens with furniture AND attachments, so it seems to effect everything developers make and use in the IMVU+ environment. Again, not a problem in IMVU Classic.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I can double check when I am back at my workspace tomorrow. I know there is documentation somewhere that I was searching for but could not find. Tomorrow I will let you know for sure and add a page to the CEC to make sure it is properly documented

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Are you certain about the "Furniture.Camera.1" name? I put in that name (with numbers 1 to 4 at the end), and I get the exact same error.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

The thumbnail is taken from the first frame so that's possible. I'm not sure if this would work for you, but you could put a small mesh far away, stick the camera near it and have it look at it, then use camera zone to control the size. I'm not 100% sure this will work but it is the first thing that came to my head

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

In the first frame, it might be too small. In the second (and the loop stance.Idle uses) it might be too big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbnFUS_E4gk

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 27, 2023.

[Archived]

I have this issue also. It seems when deriving from my empty furniture, the Category in the Info panel was set to 'Tops', but this is a furniture product.

Max, can you check your category in the info panel?

How could this come up with Tops when my empty furniture does not show this on its own? It has never done this before deriving from the same product.

0 Votes