[Archived - DiamondBones] Add Spotlight into Rooms While Deriving & Make animated.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 20, 2022.

[Archived]

I adore the shine feature, but often I'll discard deriving (or buying a deriviation from) someone's room mesh because their spotlight is not in a position I like, or I'll find myself constantly playing with my camera view just to enjoy the shine effect. I'd like to be able to control it instead of always relying on meshers to install it for me when I'm deriving their rooms.

Or

Perhaps can turn it into a furniture item and allow users to manually control where it's placed while decorating, instead of building it into a fixed position? We have such in the classic client products, but I don't think they work in the new platform. If it's not possible anytime soon to do this, then I'd at least really like it if imvu facilitated adding in room lights as part of a regular deriving feature.

Also, would absolutely adore being able to make it move. I want this in my 3D Life lol

It's too bad Emissions can't actually shine a light onto objects that have their shininess features activated, but I'll happily settle for an easier way to add spotlights into rooms while deriving.

King Louie asked for fire, Diamond's asking for light lol

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 27, 2022.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Woohoo! I'm going to experiment :>

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on August 23, 2022.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ We are actually looking into how to expose room lights in Studio and be able to edit/add/delete them. It is a feature we really want to add. Animating them would be a whole other ball of wax. :D

You can make "light" furniture products and those can be used in decorated rooms to customize the lighting of a room right now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 22, 2022.

[Archived]

@ShopTina​ Yeah sadly, that's another issue too. Many join with expectations that don't match the reality here so they leave shortly. I try really hard to just let go of items that won’t support the economy. Maybe if it’s too good, I’ll just derive it for myself, but I already try to not keep things to myself as I like to share.

From my experience, I've already noticed an atmosphere of creators purposely not wanting to support eachother due to competing. I've even met ones who don't mesh but they'll push meshers to want to leave just so they could poach their meshes so if anyone wants them, they'd have to derive it from them, since that mesher is disabled/deleted. Or some high ranking creators will target a new mesher that has potential, make them tempting offers they can't refuse, but eventually exhaust them and manipulate them to believe this is the best that can be done in imvu, so the mesher ends up giving up. And this is done purposely to make sure that mesher doesn't help their competition. I've even seen them wait for baby meshers to grow to a certain point then snatch them this way.

This is why I think it's really "dangerous" when creators get desperate, protective or have plateaued in their market and they don't have the mental energy to try a different avenue, because technically that expansion is still just taking over someone else's sales anyway. I'd rather imvu encourage them to direct that "energy" outwards of the site so they can help bring in more new members that will become their future customers.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ Responding to your comment about dead accounts. I often put items to derive in projects in studio. Often times without saving them with the intention to come back to them at some point. Now, when I go to start these projects some projects I find the creator is disabled, or deleted, and I can no longer drive the product and there’s no other product like it out there. And it really upsets me while I understand it that I missed my window of opportunity to make the products I had envisioned when they were still active and playing.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

Yeah, I think I can see folks getting more comfortable adjusting it the way this new system allows us to position particles.

This method is actually a lot easier to use than some meshes that use scaling multiple x,y,z units to stretch meshes into place and into the shape we want.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 21, 2022.

[Archived]

I love reviving old products that are still useful! Only thing is that I try to check if the creator (mesher) is still active or has abandoned their account because I've been a little concerned with profits not circulating back into the economy. I feel too guilty and uncomfortable supporting dead accounts that don't care while there are active accounts that have been struggling to be noticed. It really helps when they post on Feed, honestly, just to show they're not dead or something.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 20, 2022.

[Archived]

Upvoted!!

I love the idea of being able to add a spotlight to an ambient light room. :D Pointing it too?!

Great suggestion!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on August 20, 2022.

[Archived]

Not a mesher, but i like finding older rooms, and decorating them to shine. I have some spinning club lights i hide around a room to give neat coloured effects. A few of my rooms feature this.

0 Votes