[Archived - QueenArchives] I have run into another issue with my account. We need an option to delete products we created.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “QueenArchives” on August 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Hello, hopefully someone will be able to help me with getting my main account back. My main account was just disabled yesterday and the reason given was “repeatedly posting content that is the subject of valid DMCA notifications”. At first I was confused by this, but then I realized that this may be related to something that happened to me early July but it wasn’t my fault. I’ll explain here, so that no other creator has to go through this:

I do not ever repeatedly submit content that is subject to DMCA notifications, however there was one incident that happened in July of this year. I bought diamond VIP for my main account because I submit hundreds of products into the Imvu catalog every month (because I’m rebuilding my catalog from being disabled before) and peer reviews takes a lot longer than it used to. On July 4th, I submitted a handbag that I created. This handbag was an inspired version of a real-life purse, but my designs are very high-quality and realistic so when I used live-chat to pass 10 products through peer review they were all failed the peer-review because the design I was using looked TOO close to the real life handbag even though I used a design that was created by me and only used real-life inspiration. That is the basis of creating on IMVU. Every product in the catalog has a real-life reference. The live-chat support agent told me that IMVU does NOT give the option to DELETE products from the catalog but just warned me not to upload that handbag again in the future. This incident happened on July 4th. Again, I did NOT repeatedly submit the products on purpose but peer review takes days, so I had already uploaded many colors of the same bag over and over again BEFORE I went to live-chat support to check the products, so it was too late because 20+ products were already submitted. Note, that I also kept the products hidden so that I wouldn’t have any future problems, and I also did not earn one sale from the product. And Yet, after I requested a payout from IMVU my main account was disabled. That is the only incident I could think of that would have triggered this response from the DMCA team. We are NOT able to delete the products from our catalogs, and IMVU only seems to care when people are apart of Earn Money Program. But again, I hid the product so that I don’t make any sales from it. I need someone to help me with this situation, because any designs I create are mine. There are many examples in the catalog of creators modifying their textures or meshes so that they are not infringing on anyone’s content. I have attached an image of the bag that I created, as you can seen it has resemblance, but it is NOT an exact copy of real-life.

0 Votes

1 Comments

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @QueenArchives​ IMVU DMCA department has all the information on issues like this. You may discuss this in detail with the DMCA Department by emailing dmca_agent@imvu.com. Anytime anyone feels they are not treated fairly by another department, they may email and consult with the IMVU Community Team at communityteam@imvu.com.

Good Luck and I hope something here helps...

0 Votes