[Archived - JanXuan] Room bundle: one or sixteen purchases?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 10, 2024.

[Archived]

A customer bought a room bundle which was derived from my meshes. In my sales report it showed as one sale.

Then I bought the same bundle for myself, and it showed as 16 sales.

When I bought the same bundle for a friend, it was one sale again.

Can @Drosselmeyer​ @Saturi​ explain this?afbeelding 

0 Votes

24 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “QBL” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

@Saturi​ & @JanXuan​  Also if I come across other creators with this problem I will put a bug in their ear on the quick fix.. I will also contact a few big room creators that I know and let them know if they get a complaint from customers that they can suggest this work around. I did recieve the 334 from that sale.. Team Work Makes The Dream Work Gentlemen... Honestly I would be lost without either of you LOL.. But Iam always Lost!!3372d1d56582ccd68d14389e438a3f14Screenshot 2024-03-18 125723

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

@Saturi​ I also found a fix for creators/customers who had to deal with this issue.

I went to the shop and tried the split bundle that I had bought again. Then I clicked the buy button on the right side for the bundled room. My credits went down with the difference in credits only, not the complete amount, and my single items room turned into a decorated room. So both @QBL​ and I are happy now. No need to file a ticket.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Thank you!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks for the information, @JanXuan​. I am going to pass it along to the appropriate members of the team.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@QBL​ @Saturi​ I just checked another thing. When you try out the bundle in the shop, the price on the Buy button below is not the price of the room bundle, but the sum of the individual products. Using the bottom bundle results in both the creator and the customer being screwed. The creator gets less credits, the customer gets a room that is not decorated.

afbeelding.png

0 Votes

C

Posted by “QBL” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

@JanXuan​  Ty for bringing this to my attention. You have to wonder how many people have clicked the wrong thing. Iam going to try to change the name on the room bundle I think you are right and that it wont help but Iam going to do it anyway. but I think IMVU needs to make adjustments here.. I dont have a great deal of decorated room bundles so this shouldnt be a huge issue for me but how about the big room and furinture creators that are getting shafted on this.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 18, 2024.

[Archived]

@Saturi​ I just tried out something in the shop in Classic client. I went back to @QBL​ shop and clicked Try on the next bundle.

The decorated room loaded as it should be, and when I right clicked "view products in scene", all bundled products showed.

But after the decorated bundle showed in the shop scene, the selection had switched to the undecorated room to deselect it in stead of the bundle that I had selected. So when I click "Buy" afbeeldingunder the screen, I will buy the bundle and receive all products, but your system will register it as an undecorated bundle

afbeeldingafbeeldingafbeeldingafbeelding

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Ignore that, it is working again.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​ OK, I saw the web site problems message, but right now the classic shop has issues too. It shows one icon per shop page and all others are black.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on March 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Hello @JanXuan​ 

My apologies for the confusion. I didn't mean to indicate that you purchased the bundled products individually, but rather that's what's showing on the backend. We aren't sure what circumstances led to this, unfortunately. If it continues to be an issue, or we receive similar reports, we can investigate further.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

To be more precise: I never saw the individual products in the shop. I had clicked try and the room loaded decorated in the shop. If I had clicked the wrong icon to buy, I would only have received the undecorated room without the other items.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​ Please check the times that are listed behind the sales in the overview that I posted. Do you think that it is technically possible to buy 16 individual items at the same time, in less than one minute? I am not a robot. This is definitely not my fault.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​ Sorry but then your records are wrong. There was no way that I could have bought the individual items from the Rooms tab in the shop as I showed in my former answer.. There must have been a bug in the shop. I don't know when I will have a similar experience, it is not a daily habit of me to buy room bundles. Fact is that I bought a decorated room bundle and ended up with single products.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on March 12, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi, @JanXuan​ 

According to our records, you purchased the individual contents of the bundle, without purchasing the bundle itself. Let us know if you continue to experience similar issues and we can continue to investigate.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 12, 2024.

[Archived]

@Saturi​ 

This is the shop situation in the classic client, where I bought the room.

Left is the bundle, right side is the empty room. After I bought the bundle, the empty room shows as being in my inventory, the bundle does not. I'm tempted to buy the bundle again to see what happens then.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​ Here is the listing of my credit balance events at the moment that I bought the bundle for myself, so you have the transaction id's and the exact time to check out what went wrong. Funny to see that a one click buy did not have all items bought in the same second. The last item on the list is the same bundle that I had gifted

afbeelding

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

When I try it in the shop, it is decorated, but afterI bought it, there were no furniture in the room.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hello @Saturi​ , I just found out what has happened. When I bought the room bundle. I did receive all the products, but I did not get the decorated room, the room is empty. IMVU has send me a decorated room that was not decorated. The same bundle that I had gifted (same PID) was decorated. Now how could that happen??

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​  Another odd thing that happened the other day was, that I got 100 credits in my credits income events for a product that was obviously derived from my mesh, or a bundlable product that was included in a bundle. I could not see the product because it appeared to be a private bundle that was hidden in the shop so I could not see what it was derived from (if it was a derivation).

I could see the credits breakdown and there was an enormous list of creators, but the strange thing is that my name was not included in the list. So I have no clue what I got those 100 credits for. How can I find out?

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

not*

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Saturi​ I bought both as a bundle from the dev who had derived from my meshes. One for myself and one for a friend.

As for "Intended to count as a single sale", my humble opinion is that it would be fair to count the individual items, because it is the total of those items that is being sold. Counting them as one item does not make sense. My "Victoriam beauty" room bundle is 68 products, so wehy does it noit count as 68?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on March 12, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi, @JanXuan​ 

It's definitely intended for a room bundle purchase to count as a single sale. When you purchased your own bundle, did you buy the bundle outright, or purchase the products individually?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 12, 2024.

[Archived]

I am afraid I don't know much about the economics of product bundles. Maybe @Saturi​ can answer this?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on March 10, 2024.

[Archived]

I checked with the creator who had made the derivation. It shows the same in her income listing.

0 Votes