[Archived - MistyBlue706]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MistyBlue706” on February 04, 2024.

[Archived]

I can NOT get a answer to WHY I get DMCA notice on items I do.. Anyone that creates unless make their own mesh clicks " Derive From Product " create window opens and you go from there.. one was a hair.. all u do is change color.. It's already set with the hair mesh.. DMCA takedown notice.. Just had a dress this week same crap.. All I did was change color.. didn't add nothing or delete anything.. if creator has mesh to change I use ONLY from them.. add decal or texture.. How can it be a copyright infringement ? I can't find where dress or other things comes from as IMVU deletes it ALL so can't even ask the owner what happened.. This is total BS so I'm done with create .. cancelled my VIP and will NOT give IMVU another penny.. As of the 17th shop is closed and next step is cancel account.. will use remaining crds then the 150K promo that I never use .. You need jump through hoops to prove you had permission to use a mesh when permission was granted when open " Derive From Product " So done with this place.. Not worth the stress with no answers as to why..

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MistyBlue706” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Follow up.. Parent Creator ( owner ) got back to me and told me she NEVER reported a DMCA " hello my all products deriveloper " never report dmca " Can anyone tell me how this can happen or if someone can FAKE report just to screw people up.. How many times you get a DMCA before imvu don't question it and just shuts you down ? How can you protect yourself when IMVU is NO help at all and don't even listen or believe you when you do nothing wrong.. Someone from STAFF please respond ..

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MistyBlue706” on February 22, 2024.

[Archived]

Well gave IMVU another chance and they screwed up AGAIN.. How many DMCA can you get before they just shut you down .. I am SO careful when derive a item .. I check derivation tree .. ONLY use the textures from owner .. add decals or change color .. never put on what I do "derive from" when sending through and 2 TWO outfits was flagged but the others that used same texture are still up.. I message owner but no answer as WHY.. How can I be getting DMCA takedown doing the same as others but mine get taken , then another was reported as inappropriately rated but others are still GA and so is the Mother one.. I just wish someone would tell me WHY.. am I being targeted ?? Even had a hair DMCA and anyone that does create KNOWS all you can do is color different no texture or mesh to steal.. I have link to original owner and her stuff still there as are other that created from.. I just don't understand how this keeps happening unless someone has a way to falsify ownership or shared accounts ( hacked ) TRUST NOBODY

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 07, 2024.

[Archived]

I am sorry you have this issue. I only derive from trustworthy, long-term creators with excellent reputations for all the reasons you stated.

I wish I could help more :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MistyBlue706” on February 06, 2024.

[Archived]

So I went to that link and read its WORSE than I thought.. IMVU can remove all you worked for with NO recourse but jump through hoops just by trusting a product is legit and open " Derive from Product " even if don't change a texture or mesh or someone is in a bad mood.. Even IMVU won't side with you that you did nothing wrong.. And you expect us to trust this site and keep spending money LOL.. Not even a chance to remove said item in question.. Help I got was I was right in my decision and no more spending money .. VIP expires soon and ended renewal.. Why should anyone pay to create and risk just being shut down or worse.. have account taken away..

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 05, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @​MistyBlue706 . I have seen this where the parent mesh was DMCA'ed This causes all sub derives to be, also. The DMCA Process for Copyright infractions is a legal question. We aren't allowed and shouldn't talk about legal issues here in the public Discussions.

Creators can surf the web to find the actual DMCA laws. If you think you need consultation, talk to a competent legal adviser.

IMVU Staff has a post regarding this Here: https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p000028qBVVCA2/

Also, you may find the Help Article handy it is Here: http://im.vu/help950

I hope something here helps...

0 Votes