Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “akin” on May 23, 2023.

[Archived]

Hello,

I have received recently this "message" to join the imvu nft creator contest. All good so far, but when reading the rules, this came up:

This contest is available for U.S. residents only due to legal restrictions. 

All imvu creators are from US? Why the rest of the creators aren't allowed to join? And not to mention that the previous creators that made NFTs weren't all from USA, and I don't wanna give names now, but this is the truth.

I know that VCOIN isn't accepted on other countries, but for example, you can convert them to credits. Also, the prizes aren't just VCOIN, so let's say I am not interested in that VCOIN prize cause I can't use it, but I can see that the list of prizes doesn't stop on the VCOIN.

• Featured in Shop showcase slide linking to your IMVU shop
  • Tagline of “NFT Creator Contest” Winner on your winning NFT product
  • Featured on IMVU (e.g. Featured Creators, Discover Feed, Messages)
  • Featured on IMVU social media channels 

Thank you for your understanding, and lets make this a fair gameplay!

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “RigsK” on May 31, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @akin​ and @Polystyrene​ Thank you for bringing this up. In general NFT creation will be available internationally. The U.S. limitation applies only to this specific contest. So rest assured people outside the U.S. will be able to create NFTs as long as they meet the eligibility requirements. See details about NFT creation here.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Polystyrene” on May 24, 2023.

[Archived]

I didn't notice that when I looked at the post. That sucks for us non-US creators.

You mentioned previous NFTs made by creators - that is a very different situation, the creators were paid under contract like with any promotional item made for IMVU. We were not paid in VCOIN and do not receive anything when they are sold. I'm guessing the legal restrictions are to do with it being a contest.

0 Votes