[Archived - Nums] How many days are calculated in your MASA?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Nums” on February 21, 2023.

[Archived]

It is very hard to get an answer on this, and no, submitting a ticket does not get you an answer. It shouldn't be this hard to get information about us earning money.

Now you might ask why do I want to know this information in the first place? Looking at my account, my MASA is being calculated with ~335 days worth of sales and being divided by 12. This would obviously be a mistake or a scummy practice if true. As it is an arbitrary amount of a yearly monthly average.

If anyone else has saved over a year's worth of daily sales would like to chime in if theirs is correct, that would help solve it immensely! Appreciate any help as I'm at a stand still with this.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Nums” on May 18, 2023.

[Archived]

As time goes on, it's apparent MASA is still incorrect. MASA itself is already unfair, but on top of the calculation being wrong, it's outright egregious.

I believe you answered what I was looking for, however I have strong evidence to prove this is not quite correct. I have been keeping track of my numbers daily and simply cannot even come close to reproducing the MASA imvu shows me.

Here is an example of the closest MASA calculations I've done myself to get the "MASA" IMVU gives me.

So for this current month of May, to get the "correct" MASA, I have to take the sales from late March and then add up the previous 365 days and divide by 12.

Huh, wait a second, March , April, May? Where's April. I guess we aren't allowed to see the previous month just yet. April will be factored in on the June MASA, while May will not. This does not sound correct, and it might not be exactly correct but basically as you earn more money, MASA very poorly keeps up with your growth is the point I'm trying to prove. I've seen many users complain in the past about this and I suspect this is why. Since we aren't allowed to see how MASA is calculated, the only obvious thing is that MASA is lower than what it should be.

I suspect after 13 months of stagnant sales (earning roughly the same every month) it will be "correct" due to the delayed month not mattering anymore. However you accumulate a larger Available balance than what you should as you are growing.

This isn't even me asking to raise MASA as a whole (which is another topic completely) but just to have the current MASA actually be more fair for what you are currently earning.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Nums” on February 23, 2023.

[Archived]

This avoids the question though. Is it that bad for creators to know how many days are being calculated in our MASA's?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on February 22, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @BunnyCakes​! Thank you for the question. A Creator’s MASA is calculated by taking the total number of Cash earnings and Credit Earnings accumulated through product sales divided by the previous 12 full calendar months. That will determine what your current payment should be. After the $500 mark there are no increments. Keep in mind that you'll need to factor in reversals and the 15 day Escrow period. If I'm misunderstanding your question let me know.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on February 22, 2023.

[Archived]

@RigsK​ 

Can you tell us per MASA increments?

How much do you have to earn per month to get over 500 MASA and what are the increments of the earnings?

So like if you earn over 500 usd a month your MASA becomes = what

Then over 1,000 usd your MASA = how much?

I feel in the dark with earnings.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on February 22, 2023.

[Archived]

Thank you for the questions @Nums​ :)

Our Earn Money team has confirmed that MASA is working correctly.

Please keep in mind that data is delayed 15 days due to Escrow and potential payment reversals. Also, MASA refreshes at the start of each month (you may have been told it refreshes on the 15th of each month, but it's at the start of each month).

The above factors may be causing the confusion.

More information can be found in this Help Article.

Hope that helps :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 21, 2023.

[Archived]

I do not know how the MASA is actually being calculated, Nums but the Help Article explanation says it is calculated with the months totals and not days.

Help Article Quote:

How is my Monthly Average Sales Amount (MASA) calculated?

A creator’s MASA is calculated by taking the total number of Cash earnings and Credit Earnings accumulated through product sales divided by 12 full calendar months. 

If in actuality it is different, I guess we should all know. Maybe we can ask a favor of @RigsK​ to please check into it for us? She is pretty awesome. Information here is shared for all to read :)

0 Votes