[Archived - claret05] what's with all the bug butts and giant hips and fat thighs clothing and avatars for females?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “claret05” on December 14, 2022.

[Archived]

not everybody looks like that or wants to look like that. it would be nice if there was some way to search the catalog for clothing that fit the original avatar body that people got a long time ago. otherwise a person has to have almost every available scaler just top make themselves look normal if that's what they want.

i'm not saying don't make that stuff or that a lot of girls like to have it, i'm just saying it makes it almost impossible to look for clothing that fits the old standard avatar and doesn't give me a huge butt or hips or thighs. i don't know how hard it would be, but it seems to me if creators made the standard size of the bigger clothing they're already making, they would sell more too. i can't tell you how many times i saw something and was like, "oh that's cute" but didn't buy it cuz it made my butt too big or wont fit under something layerable i wanted to pair it with.

idk to me it seems like it could be another case of men saying how women should look. maybe i'm wrong. and yes, i know there's a lot of women creators too but still.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “4u” on December 29, 2022.

[Archived]

I see this as IMVU's doing, they spent the last few years pushing for the Kardashian/ carmanthingy wannabes as customers at the expense of any other crowds whom they scared and pushed away from the site.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “claret05” on December 15, 2022.

[Archived]

i would try making my own items but im pretty much a tech idiot. lol

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Cheo” on December 15, 2022.

[Archived]

I think it comes down to what sells. I know from personal experience whenever I offered RLS (small), RL (medium) and RLL (large) I would sell maayybbee one or two smalls. It got to a point where it was no longer worth including Small in my sets. Nowadays even RLL is "too small" for some peoples tastes, and people are buying even larger mesh sizes. Lots of people want to look "s3xy" on IMVU, and right now the trend is for big assets lol.

I'm unsure if you'll ever find a large movement of people going "back" to making meshes that purposely fit with very old layerable items. In saying that, the "BBL" trend IRL is apparently phasing out (see celebrities like Kim K supposedly having their BBL removed) and word is the "trend" for IRL body shape is going back to late 90's/early 2000's "very thin" aesthetic. So you may find that as body trends shift IRL, they will also shift here on IMVU and return to thinner silhouettes. I would not count on those meshes being layerable with very old meshes, though. I would assume all new meshes would be made.

As for having a way to search sizes: a lot of Meshers name their body shapes (e.g. Gaia, Venus, RLL etc) so once you find a body shape you like, follow the derive chain back up to see what the name of it is, and then you can also search all the derivations.

Aside from that, I think all you can do is have custom work made specifically for you by a creator, or create the items you would like to wear yourself.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 15, 2022.

[Archived]

There are references to Real Large and Really Really Large (just kidding) and who knows who made up what those sizes mean? I do not know. I just know there is no standard like in real life for Super BIG Sizes. Maybe someone else can jump in and give some information.

When I am shopping for Goldilocks, I avoid all of the IMVU "Made-Up" sizes, noted in the titles. She does not like the Big Butts series, either... :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “claret05” on December 14, 2022.

[Archived]

what does rrl mean?

all i've been doing lately is following the derivations of things i have that i know what size they are but that's probably limiting me from seeing other things that might also work for me.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 14, 2022.

[Archived]

I blame Sir MixAlot ROFL ...

Yes, some of them are labeled as RRL or whatever... A standard Size Chart would help in the Catalog.

I know many people follow Creators who consistently make "this size" or "that size" clothing. It seems to make it easier when you know the Creator or Mesher and their tastes in sizing clothing :)

0 Votes