[Archived - MaxSMoke777] So how to I setup a contest?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 24, 2022.

[Archived]

I know these forums are just NOTORIOUS for their insane hive of rules. I haven't bothered with posting here in years because it's been such a nightmare. What hoops do I need to jump through to setup a Deriving Contest? I have 50,000 credits I can throw around and I'd like to see what people can do with my new magic staff, the "Crook". I'll judge the contest entries based on quality, originality, and cleverness with a point system. I'd like to give people a month. And hopefully reach enough people to make the contest worthwhile. If there's 2 entries I'd be rather upset. I'd still shell out the 50k, since I don't need it for anything, but I'd be unhappy about it.

If you're curious about the staff, it's here: https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=59901483

And yes, this would include everybody that's ever derived it, so *technically* the user "Incorruptus" would already be entered. He requested I make the item so he's had the longest access to it. I know this would give him a leg up on everybody else, since he'd had more time with the item, but it would be rude to exclude him.

So that's all the facts about this theoretical contest I'd like to hold. So what do I need to do to make this official... and *NOT* get my posts removed about it?!?! Again... >:(

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on August 17, 2022.

[Archived]

What are you talking about? Who said anything about "Pay to enter"? I'm talking about giving people credits who win. There's no "Entry Fee". Where did you even come up with such a shady idea??

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on August 16, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi, we can't expect anyone to pay to enter and IMVU limits how many users we can transfer to so it's not possible to pay everyone's submission fees. Pay to enter is not allowed even if we are reimbursing.

it would be better to do the contest outside of the Discussions. You can advertise on your homepage, IMVU groups, Facebook, shoutouts and Instagram ect just manage it through messages or whatever site.

Thanks

0 Votes