[Archived - KarriLinConteur] I keep getting the invalid name asset message. I have talked to live chat 3 times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times. Cleared cache and still getting it. They even logged into my acct. They don't get the message but I

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “KarriLinConteur” on May 03, 2022.

[Archived]

0 Votes

11 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I am so glad you have this issue resolved.

:)

~ Enjoy Life

0 Votes

C

Posted by “KarriLinConteur” on May 07, 2022.

[Archived]

It did let me open it thank you for all your help. I gave up and had my PC reset. Reinstalled windows. The problem was when I downloaded imvu studio. (I wanted to give it a try, hate it) It replaced one of the files that client needs to work. ​Again thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I enjoy creating it help to calm me down. I hope you have a great day.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 05, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @KarriLinConteur​  All of that looks fairly normal... ;(

A very simple and Kb lightweight product of mine. Can you pull this one into Create?

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=59105689

Of course this is only a test and you do not have to derive it.

Only other things to think about is Firewall or Antivirus issues.

Can you pretend derive that one and did you try another PC?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “KarriLinConteur” on May 05, 2022.

[Archived]

Hello again and thank you for taking the time to try and help me out. I did both things you said. Here is a screenshot of the Traceroute. I am really starting to give up hope.

Screenshot 2022-05-04 151848

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 04, 2022.

[Archived]

Sorry you are going through this @KarriLinConteur​ It must be "fuss"trating.

I would also look at the Internet Connection. The Trace Route usually gives a good idea of the Internet Connection to IMVU Servers and it's stability. More information on that one Here: https://help.imvu.com/s/article/How-to-Run-a-Traceroute You may check your Internet Speed at Https://SpeedTest.Net

It may give interesting results.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “KarriLinConteur” on May 04, 2022.

[Archived]

Even derive from New product in create​ gives me the message in classic.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “KarriLinConteur” on May 04, 2022.

[Archived]

I am not sure. It was working fine and then just started to give me that message on anything and everything I would try to dev from. Even the stuff I dev from the past week. I reset my PC. Thinking maybe it was something there. The live chat workers logged into my account and the product I tried worked for them without any errors. I was able to dev in studio after PC reset but I am not a fan of studio. I use client ​to create. I am going to try and log in from another PC and if it works I will just have to a save everything on my PC and reset it to factory settings.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 03, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @KarriLinConteur​ This error has popped up; now and again, over the years. *Usually* it is an issue where the Mesher (made the parent product) has named some of the assets in the product with invalid names.

Most times these invalid names involve *special* keyboard characters. Some foreign keyboard settings allow the assets to be named with non-standard letter/numbers, etc. At one time, these were allowed to go into the product system and there are still some products out there with this issue.

I could also be an issue with IMVU Server connection to your computer. This doesn't happen very often and the error is probably caused by the special characters.

Please give a random Sample Product ID or Link, please.

For meshers reading this, this basically explains "Special Characters" but is not a complete listing. BASIC Reference for Allowed Characters in Asset NamingI hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Also won't let me edit anything Screenshot_2022-05-02_025443

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Anytime I open a to derive something it gives me that message and won't open even if I try to derive new product. ​I have tried over 25 different products. One have used before and my own.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 03, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @KarriLinConteur​ When do you get the error message? Deriving? Adding Assets?

Also, Snapshot of the error message, please.

0 Votes