[Archived - gemini61984] Am I wrong or am right? imvu rule for smoking and drinking items like cigars and wine bottle be marked as ap.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “gemini61984” on March 14, 2022.

[Archived]

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 15, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @gemini61984​ We shouldn't discuss individual products in public. It may compromise the product or the Creator of the item. If you are not sure, use your best safe judgement. Also, you may ask IMVU Staff in a Help Case. They *may* give you an opinion as a one time favor.

Sorry I cannot help more than this. I wish you the best on your project.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “gemini61984” on March 15, 2022.

[Archived]

well the question is for this item

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=40260897

no clue how it should be marked. it was on a list of items for a roleplay. I want to mark it ap cause when learned to dev it was told it ap. on top of that when imvu gave the cigar room out. the bar and tobacco items were marked ap. I spoke to the dev who made it they said it is not ap. between brand logos being used and getting ratings right. I'm 10k into the bundle I'm working on. i keep running into this issue with the newer items. @LestatDeLioncourt​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 14, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @gemini61984​ The keywords here are "smoking" or "drinking". These show an activity of being consumed. If the GA person can interact with the product, it is AP and should be flagged in it is GA. Another way of expressing this is, GA members may *see* these items, But - they may *not* consume, touch or use them, in any way.

Quoted from IMVU Rating System:

GA = Marijuana, tobacco, and alcohol text and visual references

AP = Consumption of Tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana

It should be understood, some items may be borderline or controversial, even though they technically comply with the above!

Example: A pipe that is furniture item that is lit (burning) and ready to consume *may* be flagged (by another user) if it is GA. Technically this product should be GA as the GA member cannot touch or use the pipe but, it may be flagged and possible (?accidental?) re-rate to AP. Controversial items are a gray area and should be avoided as GA.

Ask yourself, is it worth a re-rate and mass refund, before submitting any "Gray-Area" Products?

My philosophy is "If in Doubt, Rate it as AP". "It is always better to be safe than sorry".

Another way to gather information for your decision is to search the catalog for "like" items. If you see 95% of them are AP then the product is most likely AP. This is only an average indication that other members *think* the searched item should be GA or AP, etc. This tactic should give "weight" to your decision.

As Content Creators, we have a great responsibility to submit products with careful consideration. It must be remembered, our young people (13+) can see everything submitted as GA. Periodically, Read and Re-Read the VGP rules. Check the VGP out every so often as things in it may change! Check it out here: https://www.imvu.com/next/policyhub/virtualgoodspolicy/

Hope this helps.

0 Votes