[Archived - GothabillyVix] I want help . Should we be worried about this

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “GothabillyVix” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

Seems lately many of the same item being brought with promo credits by many same day made guest accounts , should we be worried about this and what can be done ? I don’t understand why one item is brought at mass capacity by so many new guest account is this one person or a group and this has been happening past few days . Can anyone explain or has anyone else experienced this as it seems us creators are now creating for promo credits and not real earnings and that’s unfair .

i like to hear others opinions and also what’s the gain or reasons imvu is getting from such a act when we creators are earning NOTHING.

0 Votes

26 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Lushen” on February 11, 2022.

[Archived]

Can we get an insight on what these changes are so we know what to expect and understand it better?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShannonMac” on February 09, 2022.

[Archived]

We have made some adjustments recently and believe this will resolve the issue. Please let me know with a mention if you see a drop in purchases with Promotional Credits for your products in the next 1-2 weeks. A comparison of before and after would be helpful if you have the time.

Thanks.

Best,

Shannon

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

@RigsK​Does this take into account the new tier system and dev fees, having to gift and purchase items, to stay on top of your tiers to pay less dev fees. Because this is all in with what developers are complaining about. You get little profit if your paying out for all this then get hit with promo credits.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

The reason they are giving free promo is the hope of getting people hooked so they then go on to purchase ap and make a real non guest account i think, but if imvu want to do this they must lower the dev prices on creating, You cant expect developers to be hit in the pocket it is so unfair.

Giving away products free when imvu reap the rewards of ap, name change, marriage package which all take the cash from devs if they are paying for this then less cash to purchase products. Advertising paying to be seen also a perk for imvu with the hope of getting sales and shout out at the top of the page. It all takes chunks out of devs pockets, this has to be better balanced and i think this should start at the dev fees.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

This is unfortunate. I wish there were better promoting opportunities so we can turn these promo credit shoppers into creator shop promoters, because I'm not really the biggest fan of the available advertising methods. I'm a big shopper and those methods don't even entice me to want to buy their content.

Sorry to say that I do see a silver lining in making it easier to earn promo cr for folks = less "underhanded" ways to earn cr (Sorry to say!).

I see many completely addicted to shopping so would be nice to turn into something more constructive, like modeling and promoting. Maybe imvu can fix TAG and start encouraging people to unhide their outfits with benefits. I guess I think this way because I meet many people who tell me they're bored often and are by themselves, even on imvu, they're too shy to socialize in a public room, having no idea what to say to strangers etc etc. Sometimes things like this can be an easier conversation starter as I've noticed some people love talking about products they like.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GothabillyVix” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

@Sargantana​ products was all brought by the named accounts shown in the pic not gifted .

0 Votes

C

Posted by “QBL” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

@RigsK​  Sadly my spread sheets tell a different tale.. Going back to 2010.. I guess its just me though. I will have to embrace the dev tokens....

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

and I notice also that since I raised the concerned products brought with promos I’m getting less cash income than I was originally getting before . Before I was getting 12 cents each sale , I upped the price and now 8cents each sale . I don’t get what is going on .

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

@GothabillyVix​ and @HypnoticAura​ thank you for clarifying! Will take a look.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Sorry I’m not spending days weeks on a item to make your catalog pretty and unique for promos . You gave us a opportunity to earn cash now it’s like you wanna take it away from us like the legacy vip .

you take money a month for vip we create hard to make the shop look good ( you clearly don’t notice me and my products ) just let the thief’s get to the front as well as promoting ex thieves on your site by passing legit loyal creators like us all in this thread .

sort it imvu cos half of your great loyal creators have moved away from here because of your unBeneficial changes .

Sorry if I sound rude or harsh but I say it how it looks and makes us all feel .

i had 3 products brought at a mass capacity in one minute or in a few minutes all by promos credits and same day age guest accounts . This is a worry it don’t look right and it certainly not benefiting us so if this been a issue for 4years+ why you not sorted it ?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “HypnoticAura” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

@RigsK​  this is not what we are talking about.

We are saying that we see that people create noob accounts and buy specific products from our shops.One specific product every day,always a different product every 2-3 days.Does this look normal to you?Because it doesnt in our eyes.

I have raised the price in several products so they cant buy that product when it comes to my attention that they start again creating noob accounts and buying the product 1-2-3(whichever product).You have to know that this makes us all worry for the safety of our accounts!

We want a reply from you about this!Not about how many sales we get with promo credits,thats another serious issue but not in this thread.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Kii” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

Same here, it started pretty bad. Past two weeks all promo sales​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give you a high level view of Promo Credits. The percentage of Promo Credits being used compared to total Credits being used, has declined steadily for the last 4 years. The level we're at now is similar to the same we were at in mid-2012. Hope that helps.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sargantana” on February 01, 2022.

[Archived]

well, not hidden items.. the hidden thing is how are gifted, sorry

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I was searching by date what I've posted at link.. and don't appears. Surely the items gifted at daily spin are hidden or something..

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

At pic, you shown who is the recipient and the product, but no who is the purchaser. Maybe your product is very liked by customers? 

Anyway, there's no way to know if our products are gifted at spin wheel.. 

As a curiosity, long time ago, I've read something related at following link.. https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=30760458

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on January 31, 2022.

[Archived]

@Jestina​ That's exactly what they're doing. If they give out promo credits they don't have to give us anything but 1 Dev token per item (including entire bundles) which is equal to about 10 credits.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “S3xyRebelFoxUK” on January 31, 2022.

[Archived]

Maybe all the creators will stop being vips and stop creating soon then imvu won’t get our real hard earned money for nothing

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Zamerya” on January 31, 2022.

[Archived]

same here! It’s annoying. Why is IMVU doing this? They know creators earn ,40 per 1000 credits. They know creators rely on real credits. They need to stop offering promo credits in their credit sales. It’s as if they’re finding loopholes to not pay creators.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “S3xyRebelFoxUK” on January 31, 2022.

[Archived]

Same here promo credits earns us nothing but we have to be charged to make iteam

0 Votes

C

Posted by “HypnoticAura” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

@Shannon Mac (IMVU Senior Community Manager)​  @DarkAngel5​  @LestatDeLioncourt​  @RigsK​ 

Can we please get some help here?Thank you.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “HypnoticAura” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

@GothabillyVix​ i changed the price on one product that has the most promo sales the last 2 days,ofc i set the price much higher.I want to see if it continues to sell to new created accounts.

If a product is selling like this its not free for sure.We get the promo credits,means it gets sold-not free.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GothabillyVix” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

i just wanna know what’s going on and why this is happening what is the reason behind it .

or is this products imvu is giving as free to new members ???

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

I caught one item today being bought this way and quickly changed it to Display Only. There's actually a rather lively discussion about the insane amount of promo sales already going on here and this post was started 4 yrs ago but it's gotten worse because IMVU is handing them out like candy now: https://help.imvu.com/s/feed/0D51L00004wvpJNSAY

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Toughesttouch” on January 30, 2022.

[Archived]

I don't do much in the way of sales generally... yesterday I had 35 and all from guests... wth is going on?

0 Votes