[Archived - extranapkins] A classroom product I derived from and made an alt version with paper plane particles was re-rated a while ago then removed from my shop. How odd.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “extranapkins” on February 07, 2022.

[Archived]

At first I saw a message come in: "An IMVU user has complained that a product you submitted was inappropriately rated. We reviewed your product: Detention Slackers and found it to be in breach of the IMVU terms of service." I was stunned to say the least because it's a first for me. I checked the link back to my product, examined the graffiti, poses etc saw nothing that was problematic then went back to the person who I derived from and theirs is now AP too. I am positive it was a GA product when I was deriving from it in studio. I'll also add that this mesh is all over the place (probably the vast majority of live rooms when you click that tab). I looked at some of the remaining derivations that were up but differently colored and wondered how they're still GA. Am I being picked on?! lol Reall

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 08, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes, @extranapkins​ It is best to double check everything on our own products as we go. Re-read the VGP once in a while for refresher and possible changes. It also helps to derive from trusted creators. In this manner, we protect our own. My philosophy is to cover your own Bunghole & Ca$h First, ROFL

When in doubt, get an opinion from a trusted, knowledgable friend. Even though it passes PR, it may not be correct :/ More eyes on a possible issue; something that doesn't seem right to you, is always a great idea.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “extranapkins” on February 07, 2022.

[Archived]

@BunnyCakes​  "Detention Slackers" is clickable as far as I see when I hover my mouse on the wording or maybe it only shows just for me. Anyway this is it 57801438

@LestatDeLioncourt​  You may just be correct. So I pulled up about 3 others that remained in GA and cross examined. One person erased a few things so I had a fun game of spot the difference going and when I read through I saw what the possible problems were and they can be pretty much categorized under what you mentioned. I will contact staff again to run through this with me. Guess this is my lesson on paying full attention to things I derive from even if it's GA.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @extranapkins​ Re-rates are usually discussed only with IMVU Staff. I searched and found many rooms referenced to "Detention" rooms. I see most of them have graffiti that *may* be the cause if yours had the original graffiti, too. Some may have reference to "Self Mutilation" and other graffiti possibly is referencing "Sexual Themes" and/or "Mature Humor". This is *may* the cause but can be confirmed with IMVU Staff on your Help Case.

You can always keep your account in good standing by reading, understanding and closely following the IMVU Policies and Terms of Service. Take careful time in reading, understanding and following closely the Virtual Goods Policy located on that page. It is very important for Creators of Content. All of this will help keep your account in good standing.

I hope something here helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on February 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Please give the product pid so it can be looked at.

I would recommend contacting customer service saying that you believe the product was falsely re-rated to AP. Ask them to explain why it was re-rated to AP.

Did you have a GA rated icon?

0 Votes