[Archived - Smaro] Why when I try hair on imvu classic client they look funny?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Smaro” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

It's been a while where I try hair on imvu classic client shop and they wont load normal, like some parts are missing in the roots, or they are not two sided or something. Is this happening because the hair are created on imvu studio and I use classic? or is it something else I wonder...? have someone noticed the same thing? I attach some photos

0 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Smaro” on January 29, 2022.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ I know, some hair styles look better than others and in some it's barely noticeable.

I personaly think that this trend is stupid

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on January 29, 2022.

[Archived]

The end result varies from hair style to hair style. ☺�

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ Wow! I refuse to believe that since they submit the product, then that means they are happy with the result...? I don't understand lol

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Smaro​ I only use classic client. I cannot use studio due to it not handling my high resolution, so I see everything blurry. I did check the hairs on NEXT (web) though, which is the same as beta and the hairs are exactly the same as in client. The root glitch is there.

@FemmeDraven​ Absolutely!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on January 29, 2022.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ Ah okay well then I messed this up. LOL In any case I'm one of your subscribers and figured if you guys had a fix for the BBH issue on Studio we'd have gotten an email

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ I guess I'll take your word for it. I have to ask, did you make this on imvu studio or imvu classic? Even tho intentional, maybe on imvu studio it seems fine and then on imvu classic glitches this way when you try them on. And If those creators only use imvu studio and imvu desktop, then they can't see what I see on classic client.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Smaro​ Here is my explanation on how I know this is intentional and not a glitch.

· This is the issue you are referring to: https://prnt.sc/26ky78b This hair is by one of the creators you mentioned and there is a faded root opacity with baby-hair under it.

· This is the hair mesh as it was released by the hair mesher (without fancy baby-hair): https://prnt.sc/26ky8qh

· This is me having applied a handmade opacity to make any baby-hair visible under the hairstyle (the same way the creators you have mentioned have): https://prnt.sc/26kyagf , as you can see, what I did is intentional. If I had a parted baby-hair under it, you would see it now that I have faded away the roots. It glitches a bit, but it is a trend and a load of hair creators are doing it, some hairstyles have better results that others.

Hope this helps understand why these hairs are cut at the roots the way they are, it's a trend and that's why you are seeing it so often. We want to save IMVU staff and engineers looking into glitches that aren't glitches and are intentional products...

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Guys thank you so much for your comments. :D I did not mention the creator names because I didn't want to cause any problems. The specific hair are from Java and Laryssa but there are other hair also, I just love carrot/ginger so I took photos of them only :P I'm not saying they did something wrong but I was just curious what was going on. At first I thought they forgot to click the opacity but then I opened one in classic create mode to take a look and I unclicked the opacity and it did not mess with the roots. So I thought maybe its a studio problem. So, opinions differ! Whatever is going on tho, IMVU has to fix this! @MissMaya​ I tried to contact the creator but they only accept inbox from their friend list :)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@FemmeDraven​ I am afraid I think you are talking about another issue... the issue the o.p @Smaro​  is showing is not the baby-hair, but the hair mesh and I still believe that is intentional because you can see what they have achieved by opacitizing the upper hair close to the scalp, exposing the baby-hair and hence the parting that is designed on the baby-hair. There is nothing wrong with the baby-hair in the images.

RE: Baby-hair and studio. The glitches with baby-hair and application of the mesh via studio are a known issue and successful application of the baby-hair varies from person to person, some apply it and it glitches terribly!... but when I apply the same mesh and I can do it with no glitches... it's just really unstable! But I believe IMVU knows about this and are working to fix it / get to the bottom of it. Until that time comes that IMVU fixes these little bumps, I personally (as a baby-hair provider myself) do not recommend using baby-hair in studio due to the inconsistency and mixed results.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on January 29, 2022.

[Archived]

Make sure in studio that you have all your hair set on Alpha channel. Also I noticed it looks best at the default .5 percentage point.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ I'd have to make it again in both Studio & Classic and I've got stuff going on this weekend so I'll have to dig into it next week

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

If I am linked the hair in question I can have a peek!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ If that's true why would the hair look perfectly okay if it's made in classic but not when made in Studio? Same hair, same opacities, and the outcome is different?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

@Smaro​ I think if you message the creator that made the hair, you will find that this effect is an intentional manuever on the creators part, they used opacity to do that.

The creator removed the upper root area of the hairstyle to expose the head and use the baby-hair as a parting. Some hair meshers make hair without the root area or with pieces missing so that you can achieve a more sleek root effect using a baby-hair cap instead of adding a parting to the top of the hair. What you are seeing is a regular hairstyle with the roots cut out via opacity, it will float in some areas because it is impossible to recreate a perfect opacity and the hairstyle volume wasn't really ready made for that effect.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JAM” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Moved to Creator

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

There is an issue with hair made in Studio clipping in Classic, which is why I won't make hair in Studio and I have told them about this problem. It had something to do with the hair meshes and adding the baby hair mesh to the original mesh...works great in Classic but if made in Studio it's a mess in Classic. They wanted me to send them screenshots and explicit details of the issue and I haven't had time but I know I'm not the only creator who tried doing hair in Studio and it just doesn't work right. For now, I'd look for hair made in Classic until they can get Studio sorted out, or start using the new desktop software which is still not up to par

0 Votes