[Archived - Sinderella] Incorrect MASA calculation

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Sinderella” on January 21, 2022.

[Archived]

I requested a payout on 14th (was still 13th in LA time zone) when the 25% MASA increase was still active

Obviously, when the payout was processed on 19th my MASA was no longer increased and my payout request was reduced to meet the exact MASA that was showing up on my page that day

This is the message I received:

"Please note that we are not paying the full amount as your request exceeded the maximum payment amount for the current month time period based on our MASA rules including the additional amount we allow on top of the limits. "

Can we please get a clarification about the "additional amount we allow on top of the limits." part? Is it included in the MASA that is published on the page?

I then decided to calculate my MASA myself. I used the 'Pending Cash Schedule' reports and put all my daily earnings in a spreadsheet.

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed if MASA calculation is based on actual date of the transaction or a date when that transaction comes out of pend, so I did both calculations.

I added the grand total of previous 12 months of sales and divided by 12 (for this month's MASA I used January 2020 - Dec 2020 reports)

And in both cases I got a number that is around 4% higher than the MASA that I see on my Creator Payments page, which seems quite substantial to me.

Has anyone tried to do the same to check if your MASA is accurate?

Not sure if I'd get much help if I just opened a ticket with earn money team.. So how can I get this looked into?

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Polystyrene” on January 28, 2022.

[Archived]

You should have received the extra 25% as your request was made before the 15th. It doesn't (or shouldn't) matter what date you are paid on.

I've calculated my MASA in the past and also found the result I got was a little higher than what IMVU calculates. Staff just told me I was wrong.

Also the MASA amount shown on our payouts page really needs to be updated, it is still showing the extra 25%.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “PhiaSims” on January 27, 2022.

[Archived]

I too just requested a payout of my Masa amount and wasn't given the full amount. I also received the same message from them about me going over the limit. To my knowledge, I thought the 25% increase ended in December. However, they do still have that 25% Masa increase and 10% Vcoin message saying it's available on our payout page. It was definitely confusing me and it's frustrating to think that your MASA is correct but when you ask for the payout, you don't get the full amount. IMVU really needs to work better on clarifying things especially when it comes to the money we've earned. I'm pretty sure we're not the only creators noticing this issue.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on January 22, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @Sinderella​, I have poked staff. Staff or I will post back once there is more information. Thanks

0 Votes