Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “RigsK” on January 14, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi Creators,

Collectively your earnings continue to stay strong, even as some people spend more time in the real world and in-person classrooms. Creator membership and engagement performed especially well in Q4 2021. 

CREATORS EARNING MONEY - 2021

Creators were paid $13,700,000 in 2021, which is an all-time record for IMVU. This is 9.5% more than in 2020, another record-breaking year.

In Q4 2021 (October through December), Creators were paid $3,200,000, a 7.6% decrease from the same period last year. This is mostly due to slightly slower sales caused by users spending more time in the real world.

CREATOR PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT

Overall Membership and Engagement were slightly down year over year, due to the same overall trends. However, Q4 2021 actually outperformed the same time period last year.

Compared to 2020, 1.7% fewer new Creators signed up for IMVU in 2021. We consider this a minimal shift. Comparing the fourth quarter, new Creators increased 26.8% year-over-year in 2021.

This year we saw an 8.2% decrease in new Creators making products in their first 30 days. But in Q4 2021, new Creators making products increased 3.1% over the same quarter in 2020.

All Creators making products decreased 4% in 2021, but increased in Q4 year-over-year.

In 2021 we saw an overall decrease of 3.3% in the number of product submissions, but in Q4 the year-over-year number increased 1.3%.

CREATOR OPPORTUNITIES AND UPDATES

Creator Peer Review Perks

Creators, YOUR OWN PRODUCTS will move through the review process FASTER when you participate in peer review. Plus you'll earn Dev Tokens, which can be used for more perks like reduced product submission costs. Click Here to get started https://www.imvu.com/peer_review

New Updates: IMVU Studio 1.2.2 Release is here

This release includes several exciting new features, including an in-product t-shirt tutorial for beginners, a dynamic bone list for scalers and particles, and a toggle allowing you to hide avatar labels. Download IMVU Studio HERE. See release notes HERE.

Check out the latest Creator Newsletter

Find NEW updates, tips, and opportunities based on your interest and experience level. Whether you're a brand new Creator, a seasoned Texture Artist, or Mesher, you'll find something to help you along your Creator journey!

Thank you again for being such a vital part of the IMVU experience! If you have thoughts and feedback to share about creating or using IMVU Studio, we welcome you to post in our Creator or  IMVU Studio Discussions.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “nerseus” on January 23, 2022.

[Archived]

I love these reports! You all (imvu) rock!​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Zamerya” on January 20, 2022.

[Archived]

imvu needs to pay their creators more than .40 per 1000 credits. Once you guys do that then their will be a increase. No way I’m bringing IMVU sales just to barely make maybe $40. Also IMVU decides to take away the original vip to charge us more for us to get less? Taking away free things and charging us? People only get vip to create. If it wasn’t for that, I honestly wouldn’t create nor buy vip. Plus the features that we want and that are helpful to everyone would be nice to get. I’d love to permanently delete products I created from my shop instead of just hiding it. There’s so many things everyone wants. Everyone is going to SL where their creating skills are worth the money. SL is paying their creators 1000% more than IMVU is offering. That’s where IMVU needs to look at and actually view their competitors marketing, and how they do things. All of the good creators are either banned and 95% of them left to go to SL where their hard work is paid correctly. Nobody wants to create for .40 per 1000 credits. I can say one thing forsure, their will be a major decrease of creators opting in for the cash earnings options. Who’s doing all that work for what? Plus IMVU keeps giving away promo credits now when selling real credits so that doesn’t help either. Eventually IMVU will be forced to change and pay creators properly. If I knew how to play SL I’d be gone and so would 80% of people. That’s the only thing stopping everyone tbh.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on January 17, 2022.

[Archived]

I don't know why IMVU post this here anymore, forums were killed off and IMVU just work with a selected few via social media, maybe plonk it in one of the staff grease facebook groups or have Carmen Thangy make a video on it.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “VirtualDoll” on January 17, 2022.

[Archived]

Lol. Oh, I doubt we'll see that.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on January 15, 2022.

[Archived]

I need exact number of creators and members to get an understanding. Giving percentages but no numbers to base them leaves a lot to the imagination.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on January 15, 2022.

[Archived]

Interesting.

0 Votes