[Archived - alicebee] Im trying to create a thumbnail for my clothing item. It has to be 100x80 pixels and less then 50k, Ive spent hours trying to do this but no image works, if it does work the item is so small, you can not see the picture. Pls help!!!

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “alicebee” on December 05, 2021.

[Archived]

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Sargantana” on December 08, 2021.

[Archived]

Ooops.. my apologies.. now I see the where is saved the pic.. at my desktop, lol! anyway, one of the pics have a weight near to 4MB..

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sargantana” on December 08, 2021.

[Archived]

*hiressnap or *hiresnobg doesn't works for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? doesn't works at creator and at rooms neither. Where is saved this pic?

Anyway.. maybe is better to make the pic with Imvu camera at creator? No idea about if bigger images generate more blurred pics when you resize it, but in case.. 

And you can use the imvu camera OR use your keyboard and press "ImpPntPetSis" key to make a screen capture, crop it and resize it.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Bracket” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

At the old client i used to put on a shadowless room plus i changed the outfit and stuff and then i typed in *hiresnobg and it comes / saves on your desktop.

At imvu studio there is a photo camera that can make screenshots (*hiressnap or *hiresnobg).

I am always using hiresnobg, so i can have the bg from my icon behind the product.

I have made my normal icon (100x80px) in Photoshop as a template, so i only have to put the snapshot that is saved on my desktop or in a map created by imvu in it.

@alicebee​ what program are you using to create your icon?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @alicebee​  I do have this issue sometimes, too. I cannot decide what room or how I want to make the icon, etc. I made a simple 100x80 icon that is a temporary icon. Some people make "Pending Icons" as such, too. LoL

If you decide to use one, I highly recommend making the permanent Icon as soon as possible. The reason is the product will not be as enticing to those who may see it after submission. every notice those creators whose catalogs are filled with "pending" or "coming soon" icons? Did you ever want to click one? :-{ Me neither...

~Enjoy Life

0 Votes

C

Posted by “alicebee” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ How can I take a snapshot if I havnt made the product yet, I can not produce the product until I have made a thumbnail.

Update- I have managed to get an image to 100x80 but it is blurry and pixelated.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 06, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @alicebee​ Try this...

One easy way is to take a good snapshot of your product in the Create Mode or in a Room. Use the *hiressnap command just as if you were chatting. Click the background of the room and then type *hiressnap If you are in the IMVU Studio, use the Camera Icon in the upper left for the hiressnap. Make sure and move the Camera as close as you can so it shows your product centered and clearly.

After that, make a new graphic in your graphic editor that is 2048x1638 pixels in size. This is the correct dimension proportion for the 100x80 icon. Anyway, drag or paste the 2048x2048 px snapshot from the hiressnap into the new graphic. Over lay the 2048x1638 with the 2048x2048. This procedure will be different from one graphic editor to another. BUT - after you have the cropped image, resize the 2048x1638px graphic to 100x80 and you should be good to go.

If you get an error the icon is over 50Kb, use the save as function in your graphic editor and Optimize the Graphic. This will be different from one graphic editor to the next but the "flow" is very similar.

Many people simply resize the 2048x2048 to 100x80 and everything is distorted... Makes short fat avatars out of your newly made outfit! LOL

Note:

Two versions of the snapshot...

*hiressnap = with background

*hiresnobg = without background

Basic GIMP Tutorial is Here:

Enjoy

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sargantana” on December 05, 2021.

[Archived]

Post here your image thumbnail.. maybe the size is not EXACTLY 100x80 pixels or +50k

Your image is animated? (this kind of images use to have more weight than one simple pic).

0 Votes