[Archived - Candried] I would like to ask other creators if they are having the same problem. When i have the desktop downloaded, everything opens on the web when I'm trying to edit on the client. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Could someone please

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Candried” on November 19, 2021.

[Archived]

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “TzickyT” on November 19, 2021.

[Archived]

copy number on studio. i find studio easy to use. but i will miss classic if they remove the shop on the web.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Clicking the derive link always brought me to the web which wouldn't open. I was not adding the product number as a copy and paste in classic. But now i can have both. Wew I knew there had to be a way to have both. Smarty!!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Okay, I was doing it wrong!! Yay works now. Thank you 4u!!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

but the problem I'm having is nothing is opening in classic to edit. Ahh i think I know what you mean. I will try that now. _Reinstalls desktop lol- let me try what I think you mean.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on November 19, 2021.

[Archived]

From a webpage all I can do is use Desktop to try things on, to derive you need to cut and paste the product number or search in Studio, clicking the derive link will only open classic... I think :P

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@4u I've tried that but it keeps trying to open on the web anyway. Yes, I realize we need to wait because it's still being worked on. I just thought possibly a setting that I was missing. I was popping on and offline on the client and it was due to a setting I missed. So I was hoping it was another setting I didn't know about. Thank you for your response.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on November 19, 2021.

[Archived]

When deriving I think its easier to cut and paste the product number you want to derive from, make sure you have (PID) highlighted in Studio when you search. - Highlight search by PID, paste in product number you want to derive from, click search.

If you have classic client open and or webpages and you want to try a product in Desktop without it opening classic client, easiest way I have found is close all browsers and log out of desktop, then relog into desktop and open your browser.

Its a mess at the moment that will be "better" sometime next year, we just have to work through this transitional stage.

0 Votes