[Archived - JustTommy] How are people creators without VIP

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JustTommy” on October 26, 2021.

[Archived]

I’m wondering how I see people that are creators but don’t have VIP-

0 Votes

1 Comments

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 26, 2021.

[Archived]

HI @JustTommy​ Creators who signed the Creator Agreement before midnight 10 May 2012 are "Grandfathered" in and do not need VIP.

There was a period of time when IMVU was heavily promoting people to join and learn the arts of Creating Catalog Content for the IMVU Catalog. The catalog was much smaller back then and needed more variety of content. Also, back then it was much harder to Create as the tutorials and learning content were not as well documented as they are today. Creators learned by trial and error, lol. It was a great effort to learn and Creator products in early days.

In IMVU making a way to prevent non-serious creators from entering the Creator Program and in efforts to slow down "junk" products from being made for sale in the catalog, IMVU decided to make it mandatory for Creators to pay a Subscription Fee to Create. In short, this was done in hopes of keeping the IMVU Catalog with a full variety of quality products. So many people just plopped something in the catalog without these concerns, IMVU wanted to slow this to a minimum.

Instead of IMVU making a new subscription service and a new way of billing for only the Creator Program, it was more attractive to those joining the Creator program to be billed in the existing VIP subscription program. In this manner, not only are they allowed to Create Content but they are further rewarded for their subscription by all the benefits of being VIP. Many features of the VIP program are features Creators will use and need. A Room Slot for one example. With all of this in mind, IMVU decided to allow VIP members to Create Content if they decided to do so.

I and many others have maintained and used the VIP Subscription since starting to Create Content even though it was not required. I felt my joining VIP in 2009 helps (in a small way) IMVU to be able to provide the free service to those who cannot afford to pay or buy anything.

0 Votes