[Archived - Sargantana] The "miscellaneous" nightmare..

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Sargantana” on October 18, 2021.

[Archived]

I've noticed time ago, that items rated under the option "miscellaneous" can't be found easily at client chat's inventory. Are not rated as dress, accessories, etc.. the only way to make it visible is making a click at "all categories" (a real nightmare try to find something among ALL your products). I don't know if it's related with the creator that did the product or it's intrinsical from "miscellaneous" category, but when I derive something rated like that, I can't change the option at creator when I'm going to upload the product: appears a popup window that says "Product Submission Error: this category does not allow products to be submitted".

Can Imvu fix this?

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Sargantana” on October 18, 2021.

[Archived]

Thank you very much for your answers! And yes.. the 3 first items that came to my mind rated as "miscellaneous" and I've checked, were derived from empty clothing! From now, I will be more careful with items I derive from. It's annoying try to remember item's name or a part of it, to find it among all items, lol! And it's a pity that if users forget the reference word to search it, the item will stay stucked and "invisible" to use it :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on October 18, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi, a few years back IMVU decided that they did not want us using the empty clothing derivables for animations, rooms, furniture, avatars ect and set all empty clothing to an automatic hidden miscellaneous section that cannot be changed by the mesher nor the deriver. The only way to find these products is to go to the creators catalog via the Classic website. IMVU basically tried to bury all the products that were not clothing yet derived from clothing. Matt and KatieMarie claimed at the time that it interfered with mobile coding and wasn't how they intended the empty clothing to be used.

Is your product derived from empty clothing? If so, it will likely remain where it is. You may wish to derive from a different product so it will be visible to all.

If your product is not derived from empty clothing IMVU also set where the mesher can put their product. The mesher may not be able to change the category. It's worth a try to contact the mesher as IMVU will not change a category for a deriver.

Thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 18, 2021.

[Archived]

Hi @Sargantana​ It is up to the Creator who made the derivable product. If there is any issue with a derivable product the support to fix anything wrong is to discuss it with the creator of the derivable.

IMVU has designed the product classifications in a manner where the Derivable Product is 'supposed' to be attached and following the correct category. In this manner, all derives would then also be in the correct category. The creators of derivables are supposed to be knowledgable enough to make theses decision for their products and for those who derive from them. This is not to say that some product's category *may* be adjustable at the time of submission. It depends on the product line. Most are locked by the Creator of the derivable.

Support for this issue is only from the person from which you derived. Perhaps they didn't realize their mistake. Drop them a private message. I highly recommend deriving products from creators who are active and provide their deriving cusomters the support they need.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes