[Archived - oLlNAo] Hi all! So this is for baby hair meshes and or textures.. I have noticed that sometimes, depending on the angle of my camera or angle of looking at my avatar, in a pose or dance, the entire front scalp disappears. Is there a way to sto

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “oLlNAo” on January 05, 2024.

[Archived]

0 Votes

9 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Real4king7” on February 05, 2024.

[Archived]

New Creator Hier

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 08, 2024.

[Archived]

The choice is to use Composite blending on either the Haair Mesh or the Baby Hair Mesh. Mostly, the Hair Mesh *needs* the composite blending.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on January 08, 2024.

[Archived]

Composite blend allows a grey scale opacity map to be used and you can have semi transparent areas. Alpha test can not do semi transparent. You can read more about transparency here https://create.imvu.com/articles/studio/imvu-studio-opacity-maps/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 08, 2024.

[Archived]

Usually, we do not change the baby hair mesh to Composit Blend. Use Alpha Test Blending. It would be best, if you got support for mesh from the person who made it. See Alpha Test blending below. Screenshot 2024-01-08 065158

0 Votes

C

Posted by “oLlNAo” on January 08, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi Mighty! Thank you so much for answering! As I noticed Lestat mentioned the same thing about composite blending, I have to tell you that unfortunately, Ive no idea what "priority of composite blending" means. I purchased my baby hairs from legit creators here in imvu. Although they might be old, they still look great! Until they start disapearing.

And Im sorry I dont understand some of these terms, so please bare with me if you dont mind and explain what is a PID?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “oLlNAo” on January 08, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi Lestat! Thank you so much for responding! I have yet to understand how to use the studio. My baby hairs were all purchased by legit creators here in imvu.

I really dont understand what composite blending is. :(

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on January 05, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @oLlNAo​ , Could you provide a PID for me to test with? You could try changing the priority of Composite Blend materials. Materials with a higher composite blend will render on top of materials with a lower composite blend

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 05, 2024.

[Archived]

Oh, if it is set for Composite Blending, set it for Alpha Test.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 05, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @oLlNAo​ Did you set the opacity for 2 sided? Also if you are looking at it in the old Classic Client and made it in the Studio, make sure all Alpha Test Blending is set above .5

Where did you create the Baby Hair?

Where are you Testing the Baby Hair?

0 Votes