Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Saturi” on January 26, 2024.

[Archived]

We would like to inform everyone that the 1099 forms have been filed with the IRS. Creators based in the US will receive an email containing instructions on how to download a soft copy of their 1099 form and will also receive a hard copy via mail.

In case you encounter any issues, you can submit a support ticket to request a soft copy. To help us resolve your issue quickly, please select the following case category and topic when creating the support ticket:

Case Category: Creator - Earn Money

Topic: Taxes

We will require your name, PayPal email address, and a government-issued ID for verification purposes.

Furthermore, we are also working on completing the 1042-S forms, which will be done by April.

0 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “VictoriaDavidson2” on March 11, 2024.

[Archived]

Updating tax information for IMVU creators is critical for people navigating the complexities of taxation in the digital content creation industry. Understanding tax implications, including how to calculate macrs depreciation is necessary for authors to effectively manage their finances and comply with tax laws. To gain a complete understanding of MACRS depreciation and its implications for the authors' financial planning, I recommend exploring the resources provided on the Asset Accountant blog. Knowledge of MACRS depreciation allows authors to optimize their tax strategies and maximize their financial efficiency.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xXAyameNatsumexX” on February 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Thank you @Saturi​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on February 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Hello, @xXAyameNatsumexX​ 

We have created a new process for these types of requests. Please submit a support ticket (https://help.imvu.com/s/contactsupport) and select the ‘Creator - Earn Money’ category and our support team will assist you further. Thank you!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xXAyameNatsumexX” on February 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Hello I am just now noticing the email about the tax info but I only have one product in my shop that has been up for sale some years now and since then I haven't made anything else. I would like to be removed from the Creator Program and Earn Money Program.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

@ElleYah4​ We have received your email request and will be responding shortly. Thank you for your patience.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ElleYah4” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

Through email? Because I just did but I’ve gotten this same response telling me to submit my request.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Please submit a request to creatoradvocate@imvu.com if you would like to be removed from the Earned Money Program.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ElleYah4” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

How do I opt out of the earn money program?

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

While we can remove you from the Creator and Earn Money Program, we cannot delete/remove your items--they will continue to exist in the shop.

If you have tax concerns or prefer not to participate in the Earn Money Program, you can opt out of the Earn Money Program and just receive credits for your sales. Please submit an official request to creatoradvocate@imvu.com if you would like to be removed from the Creator and Earned Money Program.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ElleYah4” on January 31, 2024.

[Archived]

I would like to be removed from the creators program and the items I've purchased to sell can be removed also. I no longer want to sell products for imvu.

0 Votes