[Archived - null] [UPDATE - NO CHANGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Limiting IMVU Studio Product Edits in Classic

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on November 16, 2021.

[Archived]

UPDATE 12-21-2022

Thank you everyone for your candid feedback. We have read each and every one of your concerns and understand the frustration some of our Creators are having. Transitioning to a new platform from one that is so familiar can be challenging. It sure has been a big for us and we appreciate everyone that has chipped in to help us work through the issues between Classic and Studio. We literally could not do this without you!

Rest assured that we are not removing Classic or the old Creator Tool, but we are continuing to move forward with new features that might only be available in the new game engine (Glow maps, reflection maps and iridescence are coming soon!) There will come a time where Classic will eventually need to be sunset, but it will not happen before we integrate the needed features and functionality that you've grown to love from Classic into Desktop and Studio. And we have quite a ways to go.

With that being said, we have made the decision to not implement this change until we can get Studio into a much more stable state for you. We realize now that it might have had a much larger impact on your workflow than we originally thought because of the compatibility issues you have brought to our attention. 

Ideally, if you encounter an issue where a Studio published product does not look correct in Classic, there should be a path to fix it in Studio without having to go back into Classic to do so. Over the next few releases we will be concentrating heavily on this backward compatibility.

@Drosselmeyer​ has already posted a few solutions to some of the current issues. Please check these out:

In our latest version 1.2.2, we've added the ability to hide the names over your actors to make animated gif or video screen capturing easier among other small improvements We also have a long list of parity features the roadmap for 2022 (in no particular order):

• Manual camera controls
  • High Density Pixel rendering (for crisp clean edges)
  • Inventory management (for Desktop)
  • Peer review on Desktop
  • More options for NEXT thumbnail images in shop.
  • User Interface adjustments
  • Access to furnished rooms in Studio (not just room shells)
  • Expanding the Category list in NEXT
  • Sound effects support

Here's an expanded discussion on other features we're thinking about.

Lastly, I'd like to clear up a few misconceptions about what this change was meant to do. It would only prevent editing or resubmitting your product in Classic if you had originally published it in Studio. You would still be able to edit and publish new products in Classic, as well as edit your product in Studio that was created in Classic. You would also still be able to derive off of a Studio made product in Classic. For now though to reiterate, we will not be implementing this blocker.

If you have specific issues you'd like to share with us, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at studio@imvu.com.

ORIGINAL POST...

After listening to feedback and giving some additional thought about this limitation, we’ve decided to delay the editing restraint until after the new year.

To help us understand the impacts you’re facing we encourage you to post HERE or contact studio@imvu.com with specific details on what specific issues you’re trying to resolve in Classic Client.

1. Step by step process of your flow
  2. Example PIDS that exhibit the issues you’re trying to fix

Here is more background on the upcoming change:

As IMVU Studio development continues, we need to consider how products behave when edited in both Studio and Classic Create Mode.

Currently, if you use Classic Create Mode to re-edit and submit an IMVU Studio product, you can introduce bugs that affect all platforms.

To mitigate the issue, we are implementing a small limitation starting some time in January 2022 December 1. If you publish a product in IMVU Studio, you will not be able to open that product for editing in Classic Create Mode.

Learn more HERE.

0 Votes

132 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “4u” on January 06, 2022.

[Archived]

@FemmeDraven​  Ask the person you brought it from then or ask them who they brought it from... @Keodi​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on January 05, 2022.

[Archived]

@4u​ Baby Hairs are added on to the already existing hair meshes when adding textures so hair looks more natural and the avatars don't have foreheads for days. The baby hair meshes and opacities that work with them are sold by a small handful of people and are not something included with hair meshes so I don't know if there is a derivable one. When we purchase the baby hair mesh we agree to use it on one account and not set it to derivable.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AnnaLuilAnnwn” on January 05, 2022.

[Archived]

and what will replace flash in the new client??? How do we migrate our massive investment to the new program???

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AnnaLuilAnnwn” on January 05, 2022.

[Archived]

So your saying everyone that invested in flash programming is going to lose all their products with no replacements??? will customers be reimbursed for their monetary loses on all flash products...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on December 28, 2021.

[Archived]

@FemmeDraven​  @AnnaLuilAnnwnBrady​  Flash is actually an perfect example of why we need a new client, its outdated, unsecure and unsupported software from previous decades that's been replaced by much better systems, that won't run on old 32bit software.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on December 28, 2021.

[Archived]

@AnnaLuilAnnwnBrady​ I've been wondering the same! I was using portals to link my public rooms and everyone I know uses radios in their rooms.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AnnaLuilAnnwn” on December 28, 2021.

[Archived]

What about flash??? I have a lot of custom items that use flash. Portals being a big one. Radios, TV's.....

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LuceEve” on December 25, 2021.

[Archived]

When the change does happen I along with countless other creators will no longer create. I refuse to purchase a laptop to handle studio.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on December 25, 2021.

[Archived]

@FemmeDraven​  I haven't tried send me a link to a derivable one and I'll have a look

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on December 24, 2021.

[Archived]

@4u​ Do you make hair? If so, do you use baby hair so your avi's forehead doesn't make it look like an alien? How are you managing that in Studio?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on December 24, 2021.

[Archived]

I love Studio, it takes a little time to get your head around it but once you do you'll find it offers so much more than the old client. I do think it needs like a simple mode to make the transition easier, we don't all like change. Easy Mode/ Advanced Mode

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Tealsong” on December 24, 2021.

[Archived]

I looked at and tried the useless bork of your "new" studio. I loathe it. Classic works. You're trying to convince me this nice old car that works is junk? Your studio is a lemon junk car that sits on blocks, leaking oil and doesn't work is what I want? NO. I won't.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DeathDoll” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

or how about don't Change anything and keep the old client.. seriously WHY change something that NO ONE wants, you will drive people to quit

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Xika07” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

IMVU, Thank you for listening.

Happy hollydays!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “SHOPMumzie54” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

Yes Studio needs to be more stable for sure...Iam gathering quite a list now of hidden products I created in Studio which just went completely wrong, added shine to a poodle skirt, lost the waist, avatar waist completely disappeared, added shine to a top front and back of top disappeared, these were products that were made in Classic first and then edited in Studio to add shine, Now these products I had to hide because they were no longer usable in Classic or Studio....So unless absolutely need shine on things I will wait till some of these issues are sorted. But I cant keep having to remake stuff twice and hiding the items that are now messed up. Happy Holidays to Everyone!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “HoonToon” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

Debug01 and Debug02 are still necessary for deriving some items (such as Absolute Scalers and BodyPartID reassignment, for example).

I use IMVU to admire my avatar and rooms. In Desktop Beta, I should be able to toggle whether I see my username or not.

Having to go through a three-step process to use a trigger instead of clicking on an avatar is long and irritating.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Kaydenz” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

Hello all, I do believe what Australie is saying. I do know that in time all things has to change but you should be able to give those that want to stay with the old to do so. As, by talking to friends here alot won't say anything here but will leave if you don't give us a chance to be able to dev the way we have been.. I to have been here a long time and if this next and this new things your trying to get us to use. I will be one leaving as well. I love imvu but there has to be a line to somethings. This is mine. I don't like having to build my rooms around phones and the next page. I just make things to try to make others happy. Not to spend all day in create and not enjoying it. Merry Christmas and make it a safe one if you can. Happy New Years.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “N1DZ” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

i dont like studio.

"You should have tried to upgrade the old client instead of creating something all new together and forcing your customers to love it." _ @Australie​ 

Agreed.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Loquev” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

Just stop pushing this new Creator tool or IMVU Next down our throats. Some people just don't like this new change and client at all. They are familiar with the old client, they like the old-school techniques and don't want to change and neither do they feel like doing it.

​Things are simple. People don't like IMVU Next. Honestly, I've been a user for 10 years, a creator for 6. I loved IMVU and the experience but changing the whole client is not the route the team should have focused on. You should have tried to upgrade the old client instead of creating something all new together and forcing your customers to love it. The more you try do make the old client a thing of the past, the more people (and mostly old school creators that supported this company for years) you're gonna push far away. This whole thing in my opinion is a bad management decision. But who cares right? Big companies never care about their customers anyway.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Gothal” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

Classic is just superior to me and many other people. Studio is buggy when making skins and the textures wont wrap around the feet (I've tried everything and the problem still persists). Even hair is a disaster, IMVU classic will be the one I and many of us will still use even if you guys stop updating it entirely, I know i'd rather deal with a simple client crash then having bugged products hidden in my catalogue that can't be fixed.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “IsaBellaRoseWolf” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

I have tried the Studio and just never could get my product to look right and didn't understand how to use alot of the tools, I really like using the Classic myself and I know how it works better then the Studio,it was very complicated for me.I'm gonna stay with the Classic. Merry Christmas to Everyone and A Happy New Year!! God Bless All

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Dreamylyn” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

i wasn't a fan of studio it was not easy to use and i couldn't do what i like to do. the client wasn't as good as the old previewer but at least it was easy to use and no changes really since it was implemented i think they could have improved it instead of starting over on something totally new. Glad to know we still have the ability to input quality products until they fix the issues and make it user friendly. Happy Holidays Y'all.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

@MadieStormOx​ Classic client will eventually be retired but this decision (and information) from IMVU gives me hope they will continue to work on Studio until it is at least equal to classic in quality and capabilities. I will continue to use classic until I see vast improvements made in Studio. I enjoy learning how to use new software and making use of new technologies but not if they are a step backward from what I'm used to using.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MadieStormOx” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

I'm glad you are not getting rid of the classic. Otherwise I wouldn't create or even play the game anymore. I'm only a deriver. I have to agree with @FemmeDraven​ the hair is horrible in studio. I tried it once since I have several different baby hair maps. Ooopsss it just doesn't work. I just don't see why you can't make the same adjustments for client. I hate mobile and next. I feel like you are shoving out the client all together. Sorry to say that.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on December 23, 2021.

[Archived]

@Ericfr​ have you tried the new feature for hiding the names from the tops of Actors. Is that adequate for your purposes?

BTW Happy Holidays everyone!

0 Votes