[Archived - Polystyrene] MASA revisited

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Polystyrene” on December 05, 2023.

[Archived]

I think it's time we talked about MASA again.

We are now in the holiday period where sales traditionally increase. However, they way that MASA works, it only ever increases a small amount at a time. This means creators start building up income that they are unable to withdraw. I have a couple of hundred stuck but there are creators who have built up thousands of dollars. This is income that we have earnt legitimately. Our sales have grown naturally, not through gaming or other bad behaviour. Yet being averaged over 12 months, MASA does not keep up with this growth.

I don't think IMVU understands how dehumanising it is to have our income controlled and withheld like this. We do everything right, we follow IMVU's guidelines, we use the framework that IMVU has provided for people to build a business, yet we are punished for succeeding. IMVU likes to push the Creator Program in its marketing, portraying it as somewhere people can become successful business-people. But in reality, we are left feeling disrespected, devalued, ignored.

In the past IMVU has offered us a 25% MASA increase during the holiday period. This goes some way to getting a little of that trapped money out, and would be greatly appreciated. But on top of that, I would really like to open a discourse with IMVU. The MASA system is not working. If its purpose was to flag unusual sales behaviour, perfect! That makes a lot of sense. But instead it results in creators being punished for success. Something needs to change.

0 Votes

17 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on January 12, 2024.

[Archived]

deafening *

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on January 10, 2024.

[Archived]

The silence was defining, no response, well there is a surprise. Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. They are not prepared to help developers out.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on January 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Well, happy new year everyone.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on December 27, 2023.

[Archived]

MASA needs to go!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DONATELLA” on December 19, 2023.

[Archived]

Imvu, u must be thinking what a bunch of fools asking for anything, we are not your employés but independent contractors, so u must be thinking we have no right to ask for the money we already made, that is why u keep ignoring us and it’s not appreciated, please think it over, cause everything your doing is minimize our income, we are working so hard here to make a living, consider increasing masa, increase the crédité rate that is been like that for many years and please take it easy on promo credits cause it hurts us creators, these are the main 3 issues we have with you, if you care about us you will listen to us and try to meet mid way, u know we made this site what it is today, imvu, creators are leaving your site and people are logging in less and less everyday, we would hate seeing this place die, it’s been a long ride.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Whims” on December 15, 2023.

[Archived]

Chiming in here to add my support to all of the above! Not to mention we're still being paid at the same rate as when Earn Money Program was created almost NINE years ago. TIME TO RE-IMAGINE MASA - at minimum.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

IMVU remove MASA already! Its time to MAKE 2024 a IMVU YEAR FOR the CREATORS!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Yuls” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

and add having to pay vip membership to be able to withdraw your earnings. Even with the old store "I mean open store without vip" So many years of work for nothing.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

MASA raised to $1000 would help a lot of people, but there are still many creators who earn over that. I wish we could have something that would benefit all creators.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “iMoo” on December 13, 2023.

[Archived]

I agree, this needs to be addressed very soon. I have a full time job but I still struggle on that income alone to make ends meet. I was optimistic when I first started accepting payments from VU, but with the limitations it currently has, it hasn't been nearly as helpful as I'd originally hoped. It does feel like we're undervalued even though we're a major asset to VU.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Piper” on December 13, 2023.

[Archived]

The masa is the most outdated thing I've ever seen. Yes $500 as a minimum to withdraw when the MASA was originally set was good, but $500 now goes no where with how much the cost of living has gone up since then.

Us creators shouldn't be limited by IMVU with how much of our OWN money we are allowed to withdraw. We should only be limited by our sales.

In a perfect world, IMVU will listen to us and remove the MASA completely, however I doubt that will happen so at LEAST raise the $500 to $1000.

Raising it by $500 will make a massive difference for those of us that have only this for income.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DONATELLA” on December 10, 2023.

[Archived]

Not only Masa needs to be revised but the insane amount of Predits they give to newbies for them to buy our products for free, products we spent days working on, This needs to slow down!! i get anxiety every time i open the sales page and see the insane amount of MY products sold for free!! i don't think imvu realize how bad is that not only for us but for them too, i think now they know, sales went down way less then what i was doing 8 years ago, Way to go imvu you really made things worse, Masa is unfair and they know it, watching my (Allowed) amount shrink every month how that is fair?? i am sure they don't care since each of them getting paid in full every month so the hell with everyone else. I don't want to talk more about all that, by now i know for sure imvu is trying to do what they think is best for their financial gain, sad ending really.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Nums” on December 09, 2023.

[Archived]

Gonna be like FTX where IMVU no longer has the money they owe creators

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on December 09, 2023.

[Archived]

I hate to think the amount of creators' money that IMVU has held onto because of MASA.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Nums” on December 09, 2023.

[Archived]

People bypass MASA by creating many accounts in derive chains anyways. The only people getting punished by MASA are people not doing wrong. Go figure. MASA does nothing but hurt creators. But I do not see IMVU changing it as it's more money in IMVU's pockets instead of the creators.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Roy” on December 06, 2023.

[Archived]

I live paycheck to paycheck, when something comes up like my moving expenses or a vet bill, or groceries, and I see I have money sitting there are I get rejected...it is crushing. It has already gone through the whole pending thing, why not let me take it out? I am not trying to sound needy, but I am needy, especially now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Angelskiss2007” on December 05, 2023.

[Archived]

Totally agree! It would be nice to see the system, if it must stay in place, update to something closer to tiers, where it's based off of the last three months. That would better account for growth spurts (and conversely, declines), still gives plenty of time to detect any anomalies, and​ would be truer to reality. Unfortunately, I do wonder if those balances sitting on accounts is available to withdraw if the cap magically disappeared. If like to believe it is, Starbucks giftcards style, sitting in a bank account somewhere. I wouldn't be mad about imvu being able to collect interest on that while people wait to pay out, but I do agree, it is unfair to see that there are people who have succeeded and directly contributed to the growth and success of the company not able to access their earnings. (And this all coming as someone who has never been successful long enough to see her cap move from the $500/month minimum cap lol. Even though it might be technically working fine for me since what even are sales anymore, it is easy to recognize and emphasize that the system is broken for others.)

0 Votes