[Archived - BloodyHanna] Can't load any FBX s, after uploading to 1.12.5

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “BloodyHanna” on October 03, 2022.

[Archived]

soooo i went and made me some nice shades and all ... put them all great gread... and i see the beautiful green Update available in IMVU studio ... clicked that ... great restarted no problem no need to log in great .. and then i go to make a male ones and THIS happens... so .... i can't add any FBS ... and whenever i open preferences to see .. (who knows maybe a cash needed some cleaning and all) ... nope... and i even reinstalled... nope ... please if anyone can help me fix this

0 Votes

53 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 08, 2023.

[Archived]

@jilly10​ and @xiuco​, We are still working on this issue and have confirmed that it seems that the Studio installer is failing to install some needed files. As a workaround for Windows we suggest what @jilly10​ has already mentioned about manually installing the Visual Studio components. Specifically, you only need to install this Visual Studio 2015 redistributable runtime from Microsoft. They can be found here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022. Make sure you install the version appropriate to your computers processor; ARM64, X86, or X64. I will update this thread when I have information on a Mac solution.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

No need to be sorry! :)

Kind of feel like I've derailed the topic a bit by suggesting Wine but anyway.

Feel free to send a direct message or if you find a solution please post it.

I will be trying IMVU Studio on Wine/Linux in the near future, if I can get it to work I'll let you know.

Thanks.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xiuco” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

Thank you so much for your very kind replies so far!!

I'm sorry, I was mistaken.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

It could be missing the Visual Studio runtime like the problem I had on Windows 10. Sometimes programs do not work on Wine because of that or other missing libraries. I'm not sure of the legality of installing those in Wine however. See the link I posted previously, if that can be installed in Wine and using the Windows version of IMVU it may be able to run. It's sometimes tricky getting things to work in Wine but most programs I've tried do work if it's possible to find out what is missing or configure Wine to work around it. I do not know enough about IMVU and Wine to help further at the moment though. Cheers!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xiuco” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi! @jilly10​ I was able to run IMVU Studio from wine! But the FBX import error was not avoided >.< Error text is the same.

I feel that wine will be useful in the future even if there are errors outside of imvu. Thanks for sharing wine

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 04, 2023.

[Archived]

Honestly it's no problem. I just had another thought. I mentioned Wine in an earlier post. I was going to try running the IMVU Studio on Linux with Wine as I prefer using Linux. I think Wine also runs on a Mac. If you can install that, it may provide a workaround. I can't promise it will work as I have not tried it yet on Linux and IMVU will probably not be able to support that but it could be worth a shot. It does work for some games and 3D software I have tried. Good luck!

Here is the link: https://www.winehq.org/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xiuco” on November 02, 2023.

[Archived]

Please don't apologize to me

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 02, 2023.

[Archived]

Sincerely not a problem. I post here because I found a solution to my issue uploading the FBX on Windows in the hope it could help others. Sorry I could not help you more.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Okay. Thank you for your kind reply. I am sorry for taking up so much of your time. I will try to find something I can do again with your advice.

I sincerely appreciate what you have posted.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 02, 2023.

[Archived]

I'm not familiar with newer Mac systems but from my experience with Linux that looks like a compiler/toolchain issue or the build is missing a compiler/link flag due to the missing symbols. Without having access to a Mac, seeing IMVU source code and build logs of the code I cannot help further unfortunately. I hope you do manage to find a workaround however. Cheers.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@jilly10​ 

I was able to start IMVU Studio from a command prompt window.

Here is a screenshot of the error result of the FBX import.

All I know is that the 3b5b~ at the end is not in the directory, but I don't know what 3b5b~...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Thank you both! I have added this information to the bug ticket.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xiuco” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

@jilly10​ 

Thank you for your reply.

This is a screenshot of a Mac command prompt called Terminal.

I was not sure if I should display my PC name, so I filled it in white.

スクリーンショット 2023-11-01 6.30.35_2It seemed to just be executed.

I don't know the commands to find error logs or missing files

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply @Drosselmeyer

It could very well be Avast. I had to make exceptions for a few files regarding IMVU and re-install a few times. I was using IMVU Studio last year and everything imported fine then and the one thing that was different thinking about it now was not having Avast installed. This was a relatively fresh install of Windows 10 and not the one I used last year.

To be fair I don't like using Windows and am only using it to create on here, else I'd be using Linux as Blender and all the applications I use are open source and run fine. I know how much of a task making a Linux build of IMVU would be though :-) I may try running it in Wine soon to see how that goes because I am missing being on my platform of choice.

Cheers

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @xiuco​ and @jilly10​, I have brought this to the attention of the Studio team. What it sounds like is the needed libraries are not getting installed when Studio does an install/update. Are you running any anti-virus software that might be blocking the installation?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

I do not have access to a Mac OS installation right now but I can suggest doing what I did, it may help diagnose the problem.

See if you can enter the directory where the fbx2cal3d command is located and execute it from a console/terminal window, then paste the results or screenshot any errors. That is what I did on windows and it helped me find out that it was missing windows runtime libraries necessary to function.

The windows runtime libraries will not be installable on a Mac but there could be a similar library on Mac that is missing, preventing the command from functioning. That makes some sense as above there are missing version numbers in the about box telling which version is installed which probably will not be visible if the command is non-functional.

Not sure the location on a Mac but it will be something like this:

open command prompt window

cd "the dir where command is located"

./fbx2cal3d

Paste/screenshot anything that comes up. I can't promise that will fix it but that may help diagnose any errors or find out what is missing to help things along.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xiuco” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

@jilly10​ thank you for helpful posting

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jilly10” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

Not sure if this is the same problem and if you've fixed it yet but I was pulling my hair out with this problem of not being able to import FBX into Studio on Windows 10. I was doing it fine last year but after a fresh install of Windows it seems to be missing runtime files for the FBX importer to work. I found a similar issue but it looks like they were running on a Mac.

Have a look here for the solution that worked for me

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000EdOOkvCQG/helpunable-to-import-fbx-to-imvu-studio-with-error-messagesomething-went-wrongdoes-anyone-happen-the-same-my-file-is-11m

Hope this helps!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BloodyHanna” on July 12, 2023.

[Archived]

thank you @Drosselmeyer​ i eagerly await for anything to fix this i really love to create and use the studio. Maybe there is a spot in my system that keeps a cache that just breaks the FBX importer to download.. or messes it up .. i don't really know just a speculations. I really hope you guys find the problem.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 12, 2023.

[Archived]

Thanks @BloodyHanna​, This is troubling :(. I have a ticket written up about this. I believe this is a different issue than what xuico is experiencing and the more info I can collect the easier it will be for our engineers to troubleshoot. Thanks for you help!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

i did try before a lot of cleaning , app data / studio all of those and it still uploaded with an unknown FBX importer after version 11 of the studio

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

i am glad its not the files i work on , and no all i see there is FBX importer Unknown :

Screenshot 2023-07-12 195203

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@xiuco​, yes, we are thinking the issue you are experiencing on macOS is related to mac version and FBX executable incompatibility. I am going to continue to investigate.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi @BloodyHanna​,Thanks for all of the info! I was able to import your FBX without error. You mentioned that you get an error message on the Preferences. If you dismiss the error dialog do you see a version number for the FBX Importer? Something like this:

fbx-version

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

also here is a reminder of my operating system

Processor   AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                3.60 GHz

Installed RAM   16.0 GB

System type   64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Pro

0 Votes