[Archived - JanXuan] Classic client crashes while playing music.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JanXuan” on June 18, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ @Saturi​ 

I decided to make a new post since the overview in the original post has gone lost, and also we are dealing with a different problem now.

After a day and night without playing music and no problem, this morning I tried playing music again, and that went wrong again. A total system block. It happened a few seconds after I had sent my yesterdays log files to the Studio team.

I had to use the power switch to restart the system. I could not include the cpp file, which was 17kb in previous sessions but now is 101,824kb. When you need this one I need to find an alternative way to send it like wesendit or yousendit.

I think that the key to the problem can be found in that file. I have sent my new log files to the team excluding this big one, G-mail won't accept files bigger than 25Mb.

afbeelding

0 Votes

50 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 23, 2024.

[Archived]

@1n3DTen​ Thank you for the update.

I did this with IMVU not running, and it went to 100% indeed, but it would not close down the uninstaller. It just stopped working. I had deleted everything that was shown in the image., including the notifications I did not have problems with my messages or anything else. All messages were still there when I restarted IMVU. The only thing that happened was that in Create mode, at first the projects that I made (in an empty list) showed double, but after closing create and reopening they showed single. This does no more happen now. Everything works fine when I do not play music too long. I think 10 hours is long enough but I won't be able too listen that long because the sound will mute, like described in the old forum post which I mentioned which after a couple of years has never been resolved.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “1n3DTen” on July 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Prior To deleteing u could HOLD down on SHIFT this would force it to BE DELTED topermanently . and when u do this . u dont have to log out of imvu , esentially the order it deletes is LAst used to MOST RECENT henc it will usually stop at about 98 percent and this can give you ability RETAIN the assets and Testures. that are actively in use. making u just DELTE what u DO NOT USE . . if you want to DELETE everything including YOUR OWN curent WEARING items. then make suer imvu is not running but this . is not where imvu STORES icons. if u want to refresh those.. you would need ui/profile/cache

1. delte htttpcache this folder is of the products and the cfl versions of the products therefore worn .
  2. while running imvu , the deleting process will pause once windows wont be able to remove the active in use files
  3. while not running , it will go to 100% but if you Delete Notifications . like the ones you listed there. then u will also need to get your new msg . again. because . the notificaitons. of . like hey someone sent u a msg.. will be cleared...

Hint. Try not to show in the future. NOTIFICATION ( this number.pickle because its the CREATOR ID of the accounts you as a person have used on your pc

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 18, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​  Maybe this is part of the problem?

1.050,000 files, over 50Gb plus 23 files which were too big to send to the trash bin.

afbeelding

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 17, 2024.

[Archived]

@jazzKat​ I agree. It does not make sense. The manufacturer has checked the entire system with Anydesk. I could see his app checking everything and resulting in an OK. The only thing that I found after all that and reboot was the 328 file allocation errors when I ran chkdsk. After that the problems were gone, except the IMVU uninstaller problem.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on July 17, 2024.

[Archived]

Yeah, have to agree with @Drosselmeyer​, am totally non-plussed by all the problems you keep having with this, and nothing really seems to be making sense as to why

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 17, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Yes sir, it is pretty stable now but I need to let it rest sometimes. I still think that IMVU is part of the problems. Have you asked the team to check the uninstaller for Classic client?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 17, 2024.

[Archived]

Oh fun!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 16, 2024.

[Archived]

Gosh. I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your system. I hope you have it sorted now. Best ~Drosselmeyer

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 16, 2024.

[Archived]

@jazzKat​ @Drosselmeyer​ After installation of the card things went better. Also checked and scanned out usb devices.The flashing was gone, but still some crashing. I went to Command and ran Chkdsk and Defrag. Chkdsk repaired 238 file allocations. I also tried to uninstall IMVU with the uninstaller, which probably did it's work but did not terminate the process, so I had to end it manually with Task manager. Then installed IMVU from a fresh download, cleared cache and rebooted the system. After that I had it running With both Desktop and Classic client on and playing music in my room, for 10 hours, then the screen turned black and the system shut down. I'm not sure if it was the processor that caused it, but what I did was exceptional and not my regular use to do this. The uninstaller fail was also recorded in the system's Reliability check, so maybe that is something that the team needs to check out.

At the moment I have the system running with regular use, sometimes playing music, and so far no more problems since yesterday. Everything looks stable now. So hopefully no more reports from me on this subject, unless you still want me to test something.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Fun fact: Now it starts flashing in the Desktop client.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on July 12, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ @jazzKat​ Just for your info: I have added a Geforce GTI 1660 video card in my new computer, waiting for a 6 pins to 8 pins cable which I hope to have tomorrow. Meanwhile I solved the flashing screen in the Classic clients settings. Changing from Direct 3D to Open GL was already an improvement, Default graphics resulted in reducing the flashing to almost none. while playing music.. A test by my computer vendor showed that in some cases the processor might come close to it's maximum temperature during long time use like I use to do. I expect the problem to be solved soon.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Grrr, you answered right after I had gone to sleep. lol

Yes, I figured that that was the case since my system does not have these regular cards. I will have the vendor have a look into it. Though I do have my file associations back, there are still problems with Windows. I have the feeling that some level of AI is involved in my issues. The behavior of this system makes no sense. I have bought a used 16Gb RAM to pimp an old 4GB computer which I have lay around. Hopefully I'm more lucky with that. The buy of that new one seems to be a €550 waste.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks for all of the updates on your system. The reason I was asking about video card is that I have heard about on-board graphics chipsets having issues with some software. As for why older cards might be more stable with certain software, while it has become much less of an issue, historically software has to be developed and kept current with hardware systems and the classic client is very old. Newer hardware takes advantage of newer codecs and in some cases support for older codecs is deprecated. Video and audio are tightly coupled as media and so there may be operations that are not being handled well by some systems, including the video chipset.

Glad to hear you found a solution for dark mode!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on June 25, 2024.

[Archived]

My windows still has a file allocation problem even after the new installation. It seems that Windows has a problem with saving settings.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

afbeelding

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Aside of this thread, I had asked you earlier for a dark mode in Classic pages. You said that that was not going to happen. No problem, I made My IMVU, Peer review and also Creator Connection in dark mode myself in Firefox. My eyes are happy now.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@jazzKat​ @Drosselmeyer​ I am not sure yet about what is wrong but I have reasons to believe that it is still a Windows thing.. You can forget this issue for now, I need to figure things out re my system, I don't think that it is a hardware thing either.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@jazzKat​ You may be right. At least I can confirm that the problem is NOT the music. Re another 3D game, I do not play any other than IMVU. My system just indicated that it found a problem and had to be rebooted. I don't know what the problem was but I will contact the pc shop to have them check things.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on June 25, 2024.

[Archived]

Out of curiosity, what happens if you have music or a movie running while playing another fully 3D game?

And yes, it could be that the older video cards are more stable because of their age - longer time for developers to iron out bugs etc. If you can, it might be worth installing one of the older cards in to the newer machine to see what happens also - while this may not fix anything it would narrow the issue down further.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ I have been thinking this morning when I woke up and it raised questions. I have two old pc's which are refurbished ones which are not able to upgrade to Windows 11.I have an even older one in parts which had Windows 8, and all of them did never have this problem. Would you think that their video card is better than the one on a brand new computer, since none of them ever had this problem with imvu music.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Why would it be my vifdeocard when I have no problem with playing four different sources plus imvu music at the same time, but I crash at a certain moment from imvu music alone? The behaviour of these events is simular as the suddenly muting of the music that we have tried to fix a few years ago with the music vendor, but it never got solved. The thing is that you can play 50 or more song without problem, or it happens in one of the first songs, same like the muting. Usually it does not happen so early but sometimes it does. You can never tell at what point these two events happen but I would not be surprised if they were related. Maybe @ShannonMac​  can tell you more about this.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

And yes that was mysteriopus but it was not only me who had that happen. It did not happen today, so I guess it is an imvu thing.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ No, I have bought it as it was offered.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 25, 2024.

[Archived]

@JanXuan​, So it sounds like there is still a problem of your system locking up intermittently while playing IMVU Music Mix? The description you gave of the "music turning in a drill" is absolutely a hardware/driver issue.

Just out of curiosity did you choose one of the video card options when buying you computer?

video card options 

And then there is this mysterious issue with being in Chat and getting kicked out of the room at 00:00 and 12:00?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on June 24, 2024.

[Archived]

A list of music videos from my external drive playing for 7 hours non stop and no problems.

0 Votes