Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Saturi” on January 30, 2024.

[Archived]

Get ready to experience IMVU like never before! We're thrilled to announce that in the near future, we'll be rolling out Dark Theme across IMVU Web, Desktop, and Mobile platforms. Dark Theme is designed to enhance your IMVU experience with a sophisticated and modern look.

To streamline our efforts and focus on delivering more of the features you love, we've made the decision to discontinue Light (Theme) Mode. This will not only reduce engineering effort and maintenance but also pave the way for a more efficient and feature-rich IMVU.

We appreciate your understanding and can't wait for you to explore IMVU in a whole new light—well, dark, to be precise! Stay tuned for further updates as we embark on this exciting new transformation together.

0 Votes

110 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “vodami92” on April 19, 2024.

[Archived]

it was also something with update on imvu! for example when you try to update it! it's like use it imvu from a 90's computer! solve that please!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “XWinteaX” on April 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Please give us our light mode back! I cannot stand it, it gives me headaches and overall it is looking really bad.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ChristosAlex” on March 31, 2024.

[Archived]

I would suggest that you put an option, so that each of us can set the light or dark view as they like.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RubyDeFae” on March 31, 2024.

[Archived]

i hate it. it hurts my eyes and gives me a headache there should be the ability to choose between light and dark for our own health and well being

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Marilena” on March 21, 2024.

[Archived]

PLEASE fix! It’s half white with white words and half dark! I read nothing! How can I disable it???

0 Votes

C

Posted by “SelenaBlonder” on March 10, 2024.

[Archived]

I am one of the few who not only PREFER light mode but sometimes NEED IT due to my vision not being the best... WHY do you do these things we DON'T ask for?? but ignore the stuff we REALLY need/want... If i didn't have so many friends on IMVU, I'd pack up and leave

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShiVa252836” on February 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Si stancano gli occhi sto pensando di non giocare più. Non mi piace. Avreste potuto lasciare la scelta chiaro o scuro.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShiVa252836” on February 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Non mi piace.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “vodami92” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

i'm very dissapointed! very dissapointed! sell this donut to everywhere! but not me!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “vodami92” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

:)) no way! no ******* ****! how am i supposed to see in dark mode! bad idea! very bad idea! i don't like this! i don't agree to this! never! don't even piss me with wax! who's agree to that! is an *******!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “UGAN” on February 23, 2024.

[Archived]

This is great but shouldn't there be an option to toggle either light or dark theme? Every website and application i know gives this option.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “AmmieLuciano” on February 22, 2024.

[Archived]

I would love to have light mode back. I do suffer with migraines and the dark mode is hurting my eyes. I'm not sure if it is just the difference because my eyes are adjusted to the light mode or what it is. That being said I don't have any of my apps or my computer set to dark mode. I'm not sure why we can't have the option to choose what we as PAYING customers want.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MrsYumMarcus” on February 21, 2024.

[Archived]

i want light mode back i don;t like next making this choice for me i want light mode back and am very unhappy with this i pay dearly for membership and shopping and this is very hard to shop with and decorate with so NO I DON'T LIKE what you are doing with us. give me back light mode.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RebeccaEstrella” on February 21, 2024.

[Archived]

I personally, hate, hate, hate the dark background. Makes it duller looking than is was before. So much black!

Extreme contrast to the moble home page with it's neon look.

And much harder for me to read.

Due to my eyesight, l live in the dark.

Would like to have the white background or option to have the white background so I'm not in a dark hole when I use imvu moble

0 Votes

C

Posted by “nothingyouwant” on February 17, 2024.

[Archived]

It would be better if you could make it an option to have both modes like snapchat does. That way whoever prefers light mode can have light mode without being in a spot where they don’t have a choice but to look at it how y’all want it to be seen.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FARAOH” on February 16, 2024.

[Archived]

I hope it doesn't come with bugs

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GenericGenericson” on February 15, 2024.

[Archived]

People like Miss Henry below, and her less than useful comment to this subject is just one example of many problems in IMVU and, just one of many good reasons to end next platform.

I would even bet in reality she does not meet the minimum age requirement for play here.

I have a suggestion for such players in next & classic. new users should be vetted & required to take & pay for "new user education and acceptable behavior's" according to the IMVU rights & responsibility by laws & other playing options such as becoming a creator or greeter.

Six weeks at two days a week at each class being mandatory attendance. Classes being 1.5 to 2 hours in length. Taught buy qualified IMVU members if they wish to participate &, IMVU staff as well. I feel it's worth educating the youngest of new users about everything IMVU. Also has a potential to end the bad behaviors all of us, staff included, have had to deal with at one time or another.

Dm me here if any staff or anyone would like to hear more. I have some great ideas on this subject.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GenericGenericson” on February 15, 2024.

[Archived]

Thats a snow job if I ever heard one. I suppose it could help with eye strain.

So, for all those that wonder what's the difference between light & dark mode you can see the difference for yourself by going to you tube and, (or basically any social media) in settings change the theme from light to dark & back again. this does nothing else as IMVU implies. It's just a simple cosmetic change.

Once again, IMVU is fixing something that isn't broke. Sounds like busy work to me.

If they really want to make real changes they should go back & look at VR again & go forward with that. But you will require top tier talent for coding, programing, and all that goes into VR. (No offense intended)

Lastly, please dump the "next" Platform, thus getting rid of the hormonally raging underaged kids that still manage to get past your age verification.

Classic will always be classic & a good start to build into VR.

This is just my humble opinion.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xAngelValentinoWolfx” on February 10, 2024.

[Archived]

@ibscure classic is still here cos its a classic and classic never goes out of style least like to have probs with than mobile or other forms of the game they bought in its more stable

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ompf” on February 10, 2024.

[Archived]

@Sylaraia​ The CEO of IMVU once had a seminar on how they specifically didn’t listen to user input and how that led to higher profits (if you search it I’m sure you can find it, it was years ago) so I doubt any improvements are coming.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@0bscure​ "classic and other now-useless features?"

1. imvu classic offers better sale options
  2. Classic lets you have better highres pics and avatars vs the pixelated mobile app they made bigger for desktop
  3. Classic will always have better forums
  4. classic product making and editing are way more simple by a long shot
  5. mobile and next users slap a crap ton of vbs and kb lag-inducing items on and come into chatrooms and force people to lag and or crash...
  6. og users prefer classic because its simple and still has more to offer than some laggy mobile app that they stretched the UI on to fit desktop and has been broken since day 1.

this "new era" of vu needs to be stopped before they lose all their og users... at least make things optional instead of being like discord when they forced the new UI update then broke scripts so vencord and better discord don't even work to fix the nausea-inducing font anymore...

:/

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

fix the old issues before causing more that'll overshadow the old issues.. i can't even use the phone app, it triggers severe migraines, its completely useless atp....

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sylaraia” on February 09, 2024.

[Archived]

@Obscure Get rid of classic? They need to get rid of Next and that app. At least classic still loads rooms. Next has never worked properly.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “0bscure” on February 09, 2024.

[Archived]

Well, well. It's about damn time you guys are rolling out dark mode for everything else. Just hope y'all didn't forget to set the light-on-dark bg text right.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on February 09, 2024.

[Archived]

I suffer from migrains, so dark is always so much better for me, saying this most platforms on other sites have an option, if you want to be on par with what is fashionable and trending now imvu, i think haveing a choice will be better for all.

0 Votes