Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Unequal” on May 15, 2023.

[Archived]

I'm grandfathered, am I going to have to pay for VIP to receive my own money?

I have never purchased VIP, and taking $20 (2 accounts) out my already extremely low payout since IMVU's financial collapse for our creators is the biggest kick in the teeth.

0 Votes

273 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on June 06, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi, please use the main topic here: https://cc.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DyhaO7CQI/ Thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “bammcrime” on June 03, 2023.

[Archived]

Instant Mafia Virtual Universe

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on June 03, 2023.

[Archived]

So why would you still trust them after getting vip, who is to stop them from upping the prices, their history on changes is more and more shady, i couldn't now trust this company.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Erieann” on June 03, 2023.

[Archived]

They actually said that at that foreseeable time, there would be no change to the Grandfathered status but that they reserved the right to change it in the future. This would be the future.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Erieann” on June 03, 2023.

[Archived]

I do not create for "free". I get paid. It may only be in credits but that is what I chose to get paid in because I don't always have money to get credits. So please, do not degrade other creators that chose not to get the CASH payout. Some of us just enjoy creating and never intended it to be a job like other creators chose to do. It does not negate our feelings to be invalid about the possible changes that could be coming for our own grandfathered accounts.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkEminence” on June 03, 2023.

[Archived]

And you THINK this is ethic? You actually DARE to underline the "not needing a vip" when you clearly state:

1. If my legacy VIP has lapsed and I don't have VIP anymore, can I still receive an Earn Money Payout? No you need active VIP.

And don't you dare bring taxes into the question! There is already a 30% tax payed (if you we refuse to give your full taxing details) OR whatever each country has as tax for such like incoms! You ALSO tax every product upon upload! EVERY uploaded product shares a tax to your company! Nothing is free already! And now this?

WHO are you people and what have you done to this platform? Are you SERIOUSLY telling people who earned money FOR YOU in so many years and set THE BASE of your platform - a base which TO THIS DAY is the best of what this place has to offer ( no offense but all the new meshes are absolute trash of insane kb , no animations and zero texture art!) that they also need to pay to keep this going? Are you not taking ENOUGH already in microtransactions? Must you also shoot and and this little trust towards your oldest users? Why not make pay the NEW users? Why allow imvu still be free when you clearly are NOT a free service? In stead of shooting in those who actually BRING you an income? Set a damn fee for registration for all your mobile users! Pretty sure you will get MORE from curious teens, because as an old creator and a "grandfathered" account, if this happens, not only I refuse to abide, but I will take my leave from the stupid thing and close my shop altogether. If I must pay for a game might as well do it for a real one! THINK twice before doing such annoucements! Yes I am a small creator, yes my share in the company's wellfare probably doesn't matter even for 0.00001$ but I'll be damned if that 0.00001$ isn't better than absolute ZERO! And pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking like this. Good day to you and may your team be enlightened before it is too late!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MsPixelicious” on June 02, 2023.

[Archived]

valuable input..is that what you call it??

its ANGER and FEAR!

and the only concession youre gonna give is the chance to link ONLY THREE accounts!

you just dont give a damn do you??

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on June 02, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi Folks,

We realize this is a huge change for many Grandfathered Creators. Based on your valuable input, we have come up with a solution that should make it easier for affected Creators to transition. Details can be found here: https://cc.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DyhaO7CQI/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on June 01, 2023.

[Archived]

@LizzieBorden​ They will always announce changes in the news on the forum, in the hope people who have not been informed might see it. Only problem is only a few people use the forums. This place has been a mess from the get go......

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MysticSinZ” on June 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Lost my interest in creating also with this change. Imvu just sucked the joy out of it. 120.00 a month to earn money, which in some cases is very little​ and not worth paying that amount much less for those who can not afford it and use their profits to help supplement their household income.

Bring back Annual vip for 50.00​, there's starting to be No Incentives at all on IMVU. The hours of work spent on creating that helps imvu earn money and we get nothing for it but credits. Not worth it to many. Will be interesting to see if this change will be worth it for IMVU.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MsPixelicious” on June 01, 2023.

[Archived]

wow!..missed this thread completely but guess what??...hundreds and hundreds of angry concerned creators, and it all makes NO difference at all!

imvu wont change direction

they wont listen

i'm guessing its a 'get rich quick or die trying policy'

cause i believe (like ALOT of creators bound and gagged to be here) many will suffer the ILLEGALITY of having to pay a fee for access to their money but at the same time, WE'RE GONE!

i am already setting up home in a MULTITUDE of online creating/art/design sites and i will literally ONLY be back to imvu to see if the pilot lights still on!

in essence imvu, if you DO GO through with this (and lets face it, you have a STRONG track record of not giving a damn to ANYONE here) then you have set the timer on a slow, agonising death for the place, as more and more people will simply:

• walk away, disgusted at your arrogance
  • walk away, unable to PAY the fees you demand
  • walk away, angry at the dismissive attitude you have towards the people who MAKE this place what it is
  • walk away, as more and more people discover BETTER places to invest their time and energy in

its called 'flogging a dead horse' imvu!

...yeah, you'll get every drop of USE out of the animal, but eventually, it will stop!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Screwball” on June 01, 2023.

[Archived]

I think, tbh, that everyone earning income on here should be looking into other opportunities. This place is dying, and if they need the cash this badly, we'd just be buying ourselves another year or so on life support.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LizzieBorden” on June 01, 2023.

[Archived]

So I just noticed (thanks sis BunnyCakes) IMVU has managed to move this topic to another thread without telling us...

Attention Creators - Starting July 1 Earn Money Payouts will require VIP (imvu.com)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Vorvolaka” on May 30, 2023.

[Archived]

I hope more larger creators who IMVU likes to spotlight come out and voice their opinions on this. I'd be very curious to see if IMVU's response changes based on who is replying to this update. I think they'll be fine if smaller creators jump ship. I've been able to pull a bit over 1k a year in my earnings on here which is NOTHING compared to some larger creators. IMVU isn't gonna blink an eye if I go and I sincerely doubt judging from past interactions that they even care about smaller creators. The only reason I even started creating was because it was mostly free and entirely dependent on me improving my art and shop. It was something I enjoyed working towards, being able to create with the credits I earned and in the case of extra earnings, taking that into my real life and buying.. you know.. food.

I wish IMVU was more transparent in why they do things instead of springing updates and stuff that no one asked for and only serves to drive a lot of their customers away. All the contributions your creators have made to your site and you pull this? Do you really care so little, just on a human level?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RoyMeshes” on May 28, 2023.

[Archived]

Yes this! Or running really fast and slamming into a wall. (don't actually do that. )

I find music helps a lot. That and meditation. I usually go for a bout letting things out then a period of relaxation.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sylaraia” on May 28, 2023.

[Archived]

Try slam dancing. It's more therapeutic.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LizzieBorden” on May 28, 2023.

[Archived]

*Bumping because I DO give a damn!*

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sylaraia” on May 26, 2023.

[Archived]

I just googled, btw. 7100 languages.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sylaraia” on May 26, 2023.

[Archived]

How many languages are there in the world? I once heard how many just Los Angeles has to deal with, mostly from South American immigrants, and those go into the low triple digits. I can't imagine what a nightmare it is to expand that to the entire world attempting to attain VIP via phone. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume customer support doesn't have several hundred interpreters on staff.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Akiza” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

I live in one of those countries, and CS told me that my account wasn't eligible to get the VIP subscription deal. No idea why, so I still pay full price. Then IMVU pours salt into the wound with this new update. I am curious to see what they'll do to "lessen the impact of this new policy".

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

@RigsK​ is there any chance of being able to get a yearly VIP sub through the website instead of having to call customer service? I don't particularly want to have to pay for an international call on top of the VIP cost. It also disadvantages people who don't have good English. Plus some countries are left out altogether. If IMVU are going to force this on us, they could at least ease the process and make it more fair.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sylaraia” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

I'd love to see how staff would respond if IMVU suddenly required them to have VIP in order to get their paychecks, whether they use the client or not. I'll bet you'd see a lot of the same language going being posted in here going on behind the scenes.

Fred: But I have a wife, an ex-wife, alimony, three kids, child support, a mortgage, and I live in the state with one of the highest costs of living in the country. My finances are stretched really thin. I've worked for the company for over 10 years, and this is how you treat me?

Staff: And we value your dedication to the company. We just think you need to be further incentivized by paying tribute and kissing our ring fingers.

Fred: ....

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

So what I should have said is, Now anyone who doesn't live in US, CA, MX, PR, VI, DE, UK, FR, NL, ES, PT, CH, IT, BE, AT, IE, DK, FI, SE, NO, ZA, AU, or GU can't get the VIP subscription deal.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

I never said it wasn't a big deal.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

So it's not that big a deal then?

0 Votes